Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #21 
Luimeril

she's adorable. <3 <3 i have a soft spots for females. i'm glad she's doing better.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #22 
BlakbirdxGyarados

:D Thanks, Lui.
I'm thinking her colors are brown with orange fins... based on what she looks like so far.... I'm not too fond of the pineapple bettas, and I hope that's what she's not, but if she does, then that's fine. I love her just the same. |D

Edit: A, lot, of, commas, in, that, second, to, last, sentence, I, wrote.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #23 
BlakbirdxGyarados

While this thread sort of died a bit, it's still about Ember Dragonsfire.

While her fin rot is getting better (though still not completely gone yet), I notice that she is, in fact, flashing.

There are no white specks, no visible parasites or anything crawling on her.... I caught her in the act, and she's not spazzing from being in a larger thank than what I brought her home in. Anyway... is it possible she's flashing from internal parasites? Or what else could it be? Additional help on her is appreciated....

She's been treated with AQ salt for her fin rot; what do I do for this new ailment of hers?

She's to be put in a re-start sorority once she is at 100% for sure.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #24 
Pataflafla

It's possible she's flashing from internal parasites. I'd put her on 1-2 tsp/gal of epsom salt to see if that's the case before treating for internal parasites.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:46 PM   #25 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Thanks... wasn't sure if internal parasites would make a fish itch like that, but then again, imagining feeling things crawling under my own skin... blech....

While I currently don't have any more epsom salt (I ran out when Avalantic got sick, and then Jade acted a little strange... he's fine now), would Melafix or Pimafix help her until I can get some tomorrow? I mean, sure, she may be fine until then, but I don't want to suddenly lose her. I'm actually really growing attached to this least-prettiest fish. :P

I ask about the Mela/Pimafix because I recall someone saying it's dangerous or poisonout to bettas...? My granpa's never had problems with it, but who knows...
Old 09-11-2011, 08:51 PM   #26 
Pataflafla

Technically there's nothing wrong with those medications. There is an ingredient in ti that bettas are very sensitive to, so it's easy to accidentally overdose them on it. I'd hold off on it anyway until you can get some epsom salt and possibly other parasite medication.

You could put her on a low dose of aq salt if she's had enough time inbetween her finrot treatment just in case it is an external issue that you can't see yet.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #27 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Will do... I actually just cupped her as she needs a new water change today, but I still dose her with AQ salt. Her fin rot still hasn't gone away yet.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #28 
Pataflafla

I guess it's a stubborn rot then. How much aq salt is/was she on? If it wasn't already at three and it hasn't been 10 days of treatment, I'd bump it up to just try and be done with it. If you're still using 1 tsp/gal, just bump it up slowly so you don't shock her.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #29 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Yeah, it was the 1tsp/gal rule... thing I was using. I'll up it a bit, and yeah, the rot's been getting better noticably, but annoyingly slowly. She's at day 8, too.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #30 
Pataflafla

Alright then. After her water change, keep it at 1 tsp/gal for an hour or two since she's already used to it. Then slowly add another tsp/gal and wait at least 3 hours before adding another tsp/gal. Long process, but ti's worth not shocking her.