Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #11 
BlakbirdxGyarados

I'm more looking for an angelic or heavenly sort of name... because he just looks that way to me. Sorry I'm being difficult, lol. :P

Castiel is still appealing to me, though... as it sounds angelic and heavenly to me. xD
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #12 
teasell

I love the name Castiel, and I love the picture of him with his tail fin curved around and partially covering his face, just beautiful.

Hope I am doing this right but here's a picture of my Ghost from 3 weeks ago. He has grown a bit since. he's supposed to be halfmoon but his tail fin spread just doesn't make that 180 degrees.
He is so very pretty in his whiteness and hopefully his tailfin will grow a bit more.
If you look at his bottom fin you'll see where it was split it's almost completely healed now.....Lynne
Attached Images

teasell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #13 
teasell

Castiel may just be an angels name as it's used by a character in the TV series Supernatural and he is an angel.....Going to google the name just to find out the origins of it....Lynne
Old 09-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #14 
freeflow246

Gabriel and Michael are both important angels in the Christian faith, and are described as wearing white, shining robes.
freeflow246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #15 
teasell

Okay did a bit of digging. Catiel is the Angel of Thursday of changes and travel. Helps those born on Thursday. He is also one of the angels of Jupiter, one of six angels.

Castiel means My cover is God. Very interesting as this plays into what happens this season on "Supernatural" as Castiel becomes God. Love this program. Jensen Ackles is so dreamy looking as Dean and the guy who plays Sam isn't hard to look at either....Lynn
Old 09-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #16 
BlakbirdxGyarados

@Teasell, Ghost is very beautiful! My guess is that after you've had him a while his tailfin will grow out and be more like a halfmoon's.
I didn't thoroughly watch the Supernatural series, but that might've been where I remember it from, too.

@freeflow, Now the name Gabriel is appealing to me... I didn't know that as I'm Buddhist (though admittedly not completely religious, and I do respect all religions) but it's making it a bit harder to choose a name now. :D

Edited to resp. to new post: @TeasellHehe... I know quite a few girls who'd fall over Dean more than Sam. I'm more partial to my fiance, myself. lol
Interesting find, and thanks for sharing that. :)

Last edited by BlakbirdxGyarados; 09-04-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #17 
freeflow246

Oh yea, I totally get it if you don't want to name him after a religion you don't agree with lol. XD
freeflow246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #18 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Freeflow, lol no. It's not that I don't agree with other religions... I mean, I'm not going to boycott the name because it's a name from the Christian faith. xD
My opinion on that: as long as you believe in it and it's true to you, I'll respect it as well as I can. I'm always pretty willing to learn about religions, too.... I'm something of a world culture nut and curiosity about everything gets the better of me.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #19 
Osiris355

what about the name carbon?
Osiris355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #20 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Carbon... .-.
Carbon. That appeals to me so, and I don't know why.
Augh, difficulties! lol