Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2011, 10:11 PM   #1 
Rawriie

Exclamation Urgent, seriously!

Please help, this is extremely serious and Ill cut short to the chase!

My Betta Fish is EXTREMELY ill and need help NOW! Ive been trying to help him with meds but it doesnt look like its working at all ):!

Symptoms:
- Swims on his side
- Will lay on his side on the gravel
- Lethratic
- isnt himself
- doesnt eat much

I dont know if his colour is faded, I jus cant notice it at all. His fins look extremely small now compared to before. My other fish died, Simba, but I believe he drowned...so it didnt occure to me that my other fish whom was with Simba could of MAYBE been sick even tho he doesnt look like he is!

Plz helpppp! Answer as quickly as you can ):
Rawriie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #2 
iloveengl

Do you have this information filled out somewhere: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233

If so, could you please post it, or if not, please fill it out. The more info, the better able we are to help.

Also, can you please post a clear picture of your fish. (It will help determine if it's fin/body rot, etc.)

:( Hopefully we can get some help and answer quickly for your little buddy.

* * * *Immediate action I would take is to put him into a breeding net/box or float him in a shallow cup in his tank so that he can easily swim up for air (but still maintain the warmth of the main tank). The biggest risk for lethargic bettas is drowning. Keeping him closer to the surface will help.
iloveengl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #3 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Please fill out the form supplied above... it will help diagnosis. Based on what you said, the fact he's not eating much and swims on his side, maybe it's SBD (swim bladder disease)? Though the fish I had stayed afloat by the top so he could readily get air. I don't know if with SBD fish choose to float or sink and lay on the gravel....
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #4 
Rawriie

I dont have a breeding cup....so I got my other tank out and put less water in it for drowning reasons...
I jus dont know what I should do next! I want him to feel better ;.; I dont want him hurting ;.;
Rawriie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #5 
BlakbirdxGyarados

What I'm about to say, please take no offense. I'm saying this as non-rudely... uh... if that's a word >> , as possible.

First, calm down. Fill out the form here: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233

Once we have that, there will be plenty of information we can go off of and help you diagnose and treat your betta. It only takes a minute to fill out, and I'm sure he'll be able to hang on that long.

Edit (as I wanted to get the above on before adding this): The extra tank should do fine as well, but try not to move him around so much. The last thing you want is an over-stressed and sick betta. D:
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:45 AM   #6 
Sakura8

Rawrie, deep breath and calm down. It will help you think clearer. We really need the info in the sticky. If you can only supply some info, please supply answers to the following:

Tank size
Heater
Frequency of water changes
Percentage of water taken out during water changes
Ways you have treated your betta (medications etc)

We really can't help you unless we have this info because it will help us diagnose your guy. In the meantime, please keep the water level low enough that your betta can reach the surface to breathe.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ilness