Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #31 
patchesofheaven74

also i'm starting to think that it wasn't just me that was the problem but the fish from the begining. Starscreen 1 , lea, Skywalker, and Hansolo were all from the same walmart, and i noticed there were the same fish there and no new shipments.. maybe they were all sick with the same thing from that? like a slow working disease, i don't know maybe i'm being dumb

Starscreen 2 and Luke were from another walmart though and they aren't having these problems. (like i said Luke died from constipation)
patchesofheaven74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:18 PM   #32 
Sakura8

I'm sorry you lost Lea. :( I hope Hansolo hangs in there for you.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #33 
patchesofheaven74

Hansolo ate today and swam around, acting like he was going to make it. but he died about an hour ago. so now we only have the new, healthy fish, Starscreen 2. (who i call Berry.)

he's a red veil tail (i think that's right) and he has blue highlights that are almost white on his little front fins, and a semi see through black edge to his tail and dorsal fin.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #34 
Sakura8

I'm sorry you lost Hansolo too. That's too bad. :( Good luck to Starscreen 2/Berry!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #35 
vaygirl

I'm sorry you lost all the fish. :( You learned a lot so that's a good thing out of a bad situation. You need lots of patience as a fishkeeper and one of the things we ALL do is rush out to buy more because we enjoy them so much. But more fish mean more work and sometimes we fall short of what we should have been doing. So my advice to your Mom would be slow down. I'm probably close to her age. :)

I just wanted to say that I thought Lea looked very much like she might have had velvet. It sort of looks like a gold dusting on the fish. It could be the picture but I wanted to point it out. Make sure you clean out everything with super hot water and let it sit out to dry for two days, in the sun if you can. Good luck with Berry! I know you tried your best.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #36 
patchesofheaven74

velvet? is that like a parasite or something?

thanks. i don't know what to think of all 4 fish dieing like that. i'm sure i'm mostly to blame but it's so weird how overnight they suddenly fell ill after they'd been so happy and lively. it's very odd.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #37 
vaygirl

I think there were a number of things going on. It was certainly not enough water changes and they need a heater. All of these things can lead to stress and when fish are stressed they're much more susceptible to disease. It's a lot like people in that way. Velvet is a parasite, yes.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deing fish, inactive fish, male depressed, new betta owner