Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #1 
caitic10

Smile Dogs!!!

Hi guys!

Does anyone here have an dogs? Do you train them? What for? What's their story?

Most animal lovers love to talk about their pets. Here we can share stories about our cuddly canines. :)

I'll go first!
I have one dog, a smart terrier/poodle mix named Wylie. We are training for canine freestyle, a sport in which the dog and trainer preform a rountine full of tricks to music, just like dancing....only with your dog! It's really fun. You guys should try it. :D

Wylie also knows alot of tricks. He sits, stays, lies down, puts his head down on cue, shakes both paws, high fives, waves, closes cupboards, goes to bed, plays hide and seek, does a figure eight around my legs, jumps through hoops, weaves through my legs when I walk, will jump on two legs and more!

^Here is Wylie in the middle of a training session^

I love my dog! <3

So, come on guys! Show off your dogs!
caitic10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:32 AM   #2 
CrowntailTwitchy57

he looks like a maltese! that's what my dog is! i got 6 pics of him in my profile, check it out!
CrowntailTwitchy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #3 
LittleBettas

Absolutely!!!!
Love talking about my pups!

First up...

Punk, my half feral dog I picked up in an empty field
The only trick she knows is sit and wait, she is feral and if you mess with her to much she shuts down, her story is sad, I live in an area with a lot of packs of wild dogs, this litle girl just so happened to be in the field while I was working one of my other dogs (the nice one), she was almost 20 pounds under weight, had icky matted coat, severe case or round worms, hook worms, tape worms, and a bacteria (forget what its called, vet said from eating road kill :/ )
This is Punk at te beack <3

Next up, my pomeranian
Pandora is a very sapecial dog, lol, she is an ex-puppy mill dog, she the beginging of her life living in a little pen with no human contact, the only time she saw another dog was when a male was thrown in to breed (and of course her pups), she had a horrible diet, when she was all used up she was taken to an abandoned warehouse and left, where, by pure chance, an elder couple happened along to find a tiny little broken dog. They took her home, but quickly found out both her and them had to many problems (the old many would carry her around by her tail) she was surrenered to a local purebred rescue where it was determined she ws to aggressive, unpredictiable and unsocialized to be adopted, she was schedualed to be euthanized, my grandma, who happened to volunteer and foster for them, fell in love with the little devil dog, and took her home and began fostering and socializin her (and getting her used to real dog food, the elder couple fed her only sausages, and at the puppy mill she prob. ate slop.... which is pretty much the left overs from dog food factories) well, some how she talked my mom into adopting the devil dog (withut meeting her) so, we drove from North Carolina to Texas to rescue this dog, and walk inside to find her on top of a glass table, scarfing down a coffee cake and snarling at the 2 labs, 1 pitbulls, and 4 other pomeranians surrouding her.
el, to make it short, Pandora ended up being my dog, she has dog aggression, human aggression, and she is completely unpredictiable, but she is a sweet and smart dog, she knows sit, down, come, stay, wait, paw, and 'speak'

My last dog, Chai Latte, is a 2 year old pitbull, Chai is trained for flyball, a doggy relay race (you can watch a video on youtube) she also knows; sit, down, come, stay, wait, roll over, paw, stand, up (front paws only), left, right, pick it up (run), walk, leave it, drop it, release, halt (stop), chase your tail, fetch, kennel, and a lot more (she is my working dog, lol)
Chai has an interesting story, I actually got her on my Bday, my mom, my friend, and I stopped at walmart to grab somethings and there was a lady on the side of the road with puppies... well, I always stop to give the people information on low cost spay.neuter and local shelter information that can help them (and to play with the pups) so I was holding a puppy an the lady mentioned that this was her last day trying to find them homes, of course, I wanted to know what she was going to do with them, and she was going to take them to a local shelter, thelargest no-kill shelter in NC... and also an AWEFUL place (I have done under cover work there for local shelters, the place is horrifing, puppies are kept in SMALL crates stacked up n a BARN with NO AC or heating., the kennels are cleaned out every other day and diseases spread fast, adult dogs have no water, no shelter, and are kept in pens outside grouped by breeds, and most are not fixed so they breed, the puppies bowls are full of feces and urine, the adults are dirty and fights break out all of the time, no one wants to close the ugly place because there is NO place for over 500 dogs to go without euthanizing them), and shortly after taking Chai home, the "shelter" had n out break of parvo, and EXTREMELLY contagious and pretty much untreatable disease that affects puppies

Wel, heres my girl, Chai Latte

(practicing step up)

LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #4 
caitic10

Thanks for posting!

When he was a puppy, he looked liked a maltese a bit. :)

LittleBettas, its great of you for taking in those dogs! I love Chai Latte!

Wylie was a petstore buy. We were going to adopt, but my mom caved and came home with him. Him and I were best frends from the moment we met. :)

I have a dog tag necklace with Wylie's name on it. I wear it everyday.

I use to have a dog named Trouble. She used to live on a farm, where she was abused and beaten. She was taught to bite on cue and was trained to be aggressive.

When my mom took her in she was still a puppy. She was aggressive to kids and would snap and growl at them.

When I was born, she was eight. She was still aggressive, but little me wouldn't take no for an awnser. Lol. She eventually mellowed.

Trouble was an amazing dog. She was so gentle and kind. She loved to run and chase her little kong. She was a lab/whippet mix, and had a smooth black coat.

When I was in grade three, she became sick. She would get dizzy, turned deaf and her eyesight was failing. It became so bad, she was eventually put down. :(
Old 09-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #5 
LittleBettas

Thank you Cait :D, lol, any pics of your old pups?
Old 09-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #6 
CrowntailTwitchy57

here is Neige
Old 09-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #7 
LittleBettas

^
XD
Hes a cutey :)
Old 09-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #8 
Tisia

my little spaz Sylvie. she's 10 weeks old and the only puppy I've ever had so right now I'm just trying to get her understand potty training and no bite, but I plan on enrolling her in some training classes soon vaccinations permitting

Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #9 
caitic10

Aw...I love the last picture! SOOO CUTE! XD

Horrible picture quality but here's Trouble wearing her Santa hat. <3

Last edited by caitic10; 09-04-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #10 
CrowntailTwitchy57

omg this is sooo cuteeee! i love it! my Neige is 8 years old