Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2011, 10:01 PM   #51 
HatsuneMiku

@laki

=( awwie i hope your friend finds her chi ..
mine was stolen once .. by the evil old hag witch that lived next door ...

we had went of family vacation for a weekend .. and we doggie proofed the whole garage for her to play in while we were gone .. and we had arranged for my aunt to come every day to feed her give her water and clean her wee wee pad .. and the first night we had been gone .. my aunt called and was like our doggie is gone ..

so we rushed home early .. and the neighbor had stolen her out of our garage .. and then she had the audacity to tell us that we were starving our dog and leaving her in poor conditions .. then she said was going to report us to the humane society .. that's when my dad told her we'll just report you for breaking and entering .. and stealing our dog .. !!

i swear that lady is psycho .. good thing we moved from there =) and i don't have crazy neighbors anymore .. except the one's across the street with the roosters (keep in mind that's not a usual pet since i live in the city) ..

and thanks ^_^ i love her color too .. and on her chest is a tuff of white and it's soo cute when she rolls over and wants to be petted there ..

i don't think she's teacup though .. when i buy her sweaters it's usually size medium .. cus i think small is too snug for her around the shoulders area

@1fish2fish
what's a doodle and a chiweenie?

oh and questions @_@ .. isn't having teacup puppies bad? like they don't live the normal lifespan of normal size dogs? and they have a lot of health problems? .. so isn't it bad that they are so tiny?

i was looking for a yorkie puppie recently and encountered this one place was selling like super tiny yorkies for like 3500 .. and the lady was telling me u have to feed then every 2 hours or they go into hypoglycemic shock or something .. @_@ .. i just can't imagine how that puppie will be happy =( it was so tiny it couldn't jump or walk around much .. it would take a few steps then sit .. take a few steps then sit .. and kept wanting to be picked up .. it was so struggling so much =(

@laughing
OMG wow !! .. i just looked it up and looked at the pictures .. and some of those pictures look exactly like my girl =D !! thanks !! i'm going to have to research more to get more confirmations .. thanks for the lead ^_^

Last edited by HatsuneMiku; 09-08-2011 at 10:05 PM.
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #52 
Leeniex

My silly little dog Annabelle. She was a Christmas gift two years ago. Here she is harassing my cat Tiko.....
Attached Images

Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:12 PM   #53 
laughing

You're welcome, Mistress! She reminded me of the few I've seen! Some people take "Deer" Chihuahuas as something rare and special and sell them for high dollar, but most just think of them as "mutts" and don't value them. They're both wrong! They are Chihuahuas, just not bred to standard. (Which I find bad.. It's like the "teacup" thing.)

My guess is she was with someone who thought she wasn't "valuable" and thought of her as a mutt and didn't care or something along those lines. It is very possible!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:19 PM   #54 
HatsuneMiku

@leeniex

that picture is soooo adorable !! especially since tiko is taking refuge on top of kitty litter hehe !!

@laughing
i had no idea there were different sub kinds of chi's out there @_@ .. i've been trying to figure out my girl's breed for the longest time .. cus i always felt sillie when people asked me what kind of breed she was and i didn't know D= ..

i even went to this pet expo near my house .. and looked at all the breeds that were there .. and none of them really looked like her ..

the more i read about the deer chi's the more it think it fits her look size and temperament =D tyvm <3 !!
Old 09-08-2011, 10:25 PM   #55 
vaygirl

Aw, Annabelle is adorable!

And Laughing I love your Great Dane pics! Especially the couch one. :D
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #56 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing View Post
I'm hoping once I'm out of this apartment I can get another Dane. Perhaps even in this apartment if the right dog comes around. I'm wanting to adopt a senior Dane mainly because I'm going to need to leave for university out-of-state in about 4 years, unfortunately. (In community college now, going to uni in-state after I complete my associates, then going to vet school.)

I volunteer at local NC shelters, Great Danes are in shelters ALL of the time, normally adults, Ihave seen two Harlequiens (spell?) and a merle within the last week.... people dont seem to get they DO get big and they DO like to eat, and they can have hefty vet bills...
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:35 PM   #57 
LittleBettas

I went ahed and answered for you Mistess... answers are in bold :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
@laki

@1fish2fish
what's a doodle and a chiweenie?

Doodles are usually poodle golden retriever mixes, a chiweenie is a Chihuahua and Dachshund.

They are called 'designer dogs' but they are MUTTS, people breed them and put big price tags on them, but in reality shelters are full of these exact breeds

oh and questions @_@ .. isn't having teacup puppies bad? like they don't live the normal lifespan of normal size dogs? and they have a lot of health problems? .. so isn't it bad that they are so tiny?

"Teacup" for ANY dog breed is actually a runt, normally both parents are also runts and the resulting dogs often have SERIOUS medical conditions and do not live as long lives nor are as healhy, they also tend to be VERY fragil

i was looking for a yorkie puppie recently and encountered this one place was selling like super tiny yorkies for like 3500 .. and the lady was telling me u have to feed then every 2 hours or they go into hypoglycemic shock or something .. @_@ .. i just can't imagine how that puppie will be happy =( it was so tiny it couldn't jump or walk around much .. it would take a few steps then sit .. take a few steps then sit .. and kept wanting to be picked up .. it was so struggling so much =(

One of the many problems of breeding 'teacups', they dont get to live normal doggi lives and should NOT be allowed near any other dogs (fragile bones) and should not be put on the ground (normally have weak immune systems)
Also, if you are still looking for a yorkie, check out a yorkie rescue, the shelter I volunteer for had to put down a yorkie because ALL of the yorkie rescues are FULL
Thats my rant (sorry, Im a big opt to adopt person, I have volunteered for a long time and have seen a lot of dogs euthanized, makes me promote, promote, promote)

*All of my pets are RESCUES*
Old 09-08-2011, 10:48 PM   #58 
Flaretacious

I have two Boston Terriers, Snoopy and RJ, They are like my Kids and my Joy. they are awesome to have around, Belive it or not but they love to look at my betta's and try to befriend them and run the cats off if they get to close to the tank..
Attached Images

Flaretacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:52 PM   #59 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverMeInClay View Post
LittleBettas, all threee of your babies stories made me want to cry. So glad they have you to love and care for them. Some people can be so cruel.

thank you CoverMeInClay
A lot of people dont realize how many purebred dogs are in shelter (such as Pandora), my youger sister adopted a purebred chihuahua (with papers) from the Humane Society

My dad adopted a purebred doberman (no papers, ex-BYB breeder, starvation case)

Some shelter dogs, like Pandora, have serious behavioral/mental problems, but the majority are at shelters because their family is moving, or they didnt realize the care they needed, you would be surprised at the number of chihuahuas I have seen com in with 6 foot chains wrapped around their necks, ther are two chihuahuas at the shelter I work for, and a cute little Maltese (not to mention my 'project' dog)

lol, sorry, Im passionate about rescue
Old 09-08-2011, 10:53 PM   #60 
HatsuneMiku

thanks littlebettas ^_^ that's a lot of infos ..

i'm still a long way before i'm ready to get a new puppie .. i just want to do all the research i can before hand so i can be prepared .. since when i got chocolate .. i think she was a teen or an early adult (in doggie years) .. since she didn't do all the puppy things like chew up stuff and she was already potty trained .. so i think having a puppie will be a lot different in the beginning ..

i don't really know much about rescue's or shelters .. i see them sometimes at petco and petsmart .. but they are always for kittens .. and i've never seen them bring in puppies ..

so i'm curious .. since i don't know much about puppie breeding / breeds / and stuff .. how do the puppies end up at a rescue or a shelter? .. is it because breeders or people didn't buy them or don't want them anymore? and how would i go about finding them in my area? .. i see a lot of webpages online but they are always in different states or very far from me (2+ hr drive) ..

also my bff's first dog (named kisses) was the runt of the litter .. and the breeder she got kisses from .. at first didn't want to sell her because she was the runt .. but my bff had to have her cus she was the mellow-ist (if that's a word) of all the puppies from that litter .. and kisses ended up living 17 yrs .. which is average for a pom right ? so it's possible that these tiny dogs can have good life?