Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2011, 04:52 PM   #1 
Draug Isilme

Great places to get plants

So my Petsmart used to have a badass irrigation system thing for their plants, but apparently they got rid of it and now keep all of them but, like.. three different kinds of plants in little tube-like containers or in baggies with water.. Apparently from what I've noted over the months, their plants are dying and quite a few of them have been dead and still hanging around on the shelves... The grass-type plant they have in the tanks seem okay, but the anacharis that are in the tanks seem to be dying off.. Their tanks also seem heavily infested with snails, and some of the marimo balls in the small seperate cups have debree all over them..
Essentially what I'm getting at, is my petsmart obviously doesn't give a rats ass about their plants, nor do they bother labeling the specific types of each plant (like the anacharis is just labeled that, as well as the sword plants, anubias, etc). So, me being a beginner and all, I'd like to get plants (well taken care of), but I don't know any good websites I can buy them from. Can anyone suggest anything good? I know aquabid sells things like that, but that's pretty much the only place I know of...
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #2 
1fish2fish

www.plantedaquariumscentral.com has GREAT plants. Totally recommend them. They're kind of pricy though but you get extra plants always and they're always super healthy.

www.bobstropicalplants.com is iffy. I've gotten plants from them before and they've been just gorgeous... but..weren't packaged as safely as I'd like. Some of the stiffer plants were broken.

I've also heard www.sweetaquatics.com is good too. PewPewPew swears by them :)
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #3 
Draug Isilme

Thanks ^.^ I'll be sure to browse through those. I'll go ahead and add them to my favorites right now xD
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote