Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #31 
Ritingyou

I would too if I could, but with my 60 gallon, 2 ten gallons, and all my mini tanks..... I dont make enough money to be able to afford a 30 dollar shipment :\
This is my new guy Drake. I am just now realizeing that instead of being green and black he is actually a really dark red and blue.... but he has a lining of black on the tips of his fins. Still in love with him though :)
Ritingyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:28 PM   #32 
Sena Hansler

He is SO pretty!! ^^ and yeah I know, tanks are costly haha!! I am thinking of re-homing my mollies so I have the 20 gallon free.. winter is going to be bad and all my lil' buddies who (most of the heaters made my room a sauna) don't need a heater right this moment, will need one soon!!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #33 
Ritingyou

I'm going through the same issues with the heaters! Earlier this year I actually had to take them out because my tank was getting over heated (lights were to hot) but my cat decided the rubber parts were fun to chew on.... Now I have to replace them all before winter comes! That right there will be my 30 dollar shipment lol
Old 09-04-2011, 11:54 PM   #34 
Sena Hansler

haha I know right??? I rescued one too many bettas so I am in a tight squeeze of room. My healthier, less prone bettas can stay in the "goldfish bowl" which is about 2-3 gallons I guess... with a heater of course. Everyone gets clean bowls/tanks anyways :p I never had a problem since my first betta (about 8 years old before dying from medicine...) as long as I keep everything clean >< lol.

I would however, like to know about genetics... like you. o.o yes I have had and have bettas... but... never knew much of genetics hahaha
Old 09-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #35 
Ritingyou

To a lot of people the genetics isnt really that important.. and honestly it's not a big deal to me but I have always been curious as to how it works.

But it might just be one of thoes "learn as you expirence it" situations. Learn what youd get by breeding and seeing what you got.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:13 AM   #36 
Sena Hansler

haha yup that is me right there xD it's a "hey, my bettas like each other... let's see what happens" :p
Old 09-05-2011, 12:21 AM   #37 
Ritingyou

All about expirementing XD

I'm actually trying this moment to spawn my VT male and VT female. But my male doesnt seem to be interested in making a nest... just showing off. Now if he was showing off to a guy he'd build nests like crazy!

Now I'm also finding out that my HM male has found an interest in my very big VT female.... and she has actually gotten really shy when it came to him! I might just give them a try in a couple days.. would be interesting to see. But that is only if my VT's dont work out together.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:24 AM   #38 
Sena Hansler

Hmm... when he sees a male he makes a nest? let him be in sight of the female, and a male. A male spurs his instincts, a female completes them:p
Old 09-05-2011, 12:27 AM   #39 
Ritingyou

You know... I jut might do that. And I just happen to have Drake in a vace at the moment. lol I guess it couldnt hurt to try for a couple hours.. I could always take him back out in the morning if things dont work out that way either.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:28 AM   #40 
Sena Hansler

That's true. Hey I have my bettas in bowls (two at the moment) but their water is warm enough and always clean... I wont diss bowls :) just diss icky stuff to clean with :o some people I know use bleach...