Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #1 
Amphibianite

Amphibianites Huge Spawn Log.

I will be posting my breeding successes and failures, questions and ideas here. So please stay tunes because there will be a lot of info to come here.

So I have been looking into breeding for awhile now and have been doing some major research. now have a total of 9 males though only 5 or 6 of them I plan on breeding. I don't plan on breeding my twin red VT boys Fred and George. Also my blue green VT boy Teeth while I love him I feel he may be too old to breed, I don't know how old he was when I got him I inherited him.

I have been planning on breeding both Prince Poppycock and Thoth for awhile now. I may breed Curly Joe while he is a VT he has stunning colors and love him. This will be someday haha.

The other day I bought a wonderful Cambodian HM girl with a blue green shine and shimmer to her. She instantly fell in love with Thoth and he with her. He shows off for her all the time and she loves watching him.

Today I went shopping to bolster up my breeding stock. Petsmart has been having a half off betta sale and well was too good to pass up. I Picked up 2 males and 2 females there. I picked up this wonderful blue and red PK dragon and a stunning Silver and Red fin HM Dragon. For the girls this little green and gold with turquoise shine tiger stripe girl and a red and blueish pk girl.
I decided while I was in town I would go to Petco there I found a girl I have been looking for. A wonderful blue and grey CT girl a mate for my Prince Poppycock. I also found a pure silver dragon Delta boy I had to have.

All my girls have the vertical breeding stripes except the cambo, though she is a flirt.

My two PKs the moment they saw each other went nuts flaring to each other wriggling and just flirting.
The Tiger stripe girl is flirting with every male near her. The two silver dragons, Prince Poppycock and both the twins F&G.

Poppycock is a flirting fools for both the CT girl and the tiger stripe. He is busy swimming back and forth between the two dancing and build bubble nest galore. All in all I every fish flirting with some one. CurlyJoe flirts with Motoko my cambo though she only has eyes for Thoth.

So you must be wondering what do I have set up wise. WELL let me tell you.
Free tanks I have 2 15 gals 1 20 gall, one 25 gal long and tall. I will have plenty of plants by the time I am ready to breed next month. After all my girls and boys need to go through QT and then Conditioned so it will be October before I breed. By that time I will have plenty of plants, and plenty of room ready.

I will post pictures of the pairs and possible combinations to see what you all think. I think I have done a good job find guys and girls that compliment each other and will produce good fry, but I am no expert.

So thank you for you time, your comments, advice, criticism, and help.

Enjoy my betta life ^_^
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #2 
Yaoilover12397

YAY! I'm going to follow this thread. I'm excited to see what goes on with your breed Amph.
Yaoilover12397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:36 PM   #3 
Amphibianite

Thanks Yaoi-chan ^_^ I will be updating here with minor updates in our usual thread lol
Old 09-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #4 
Yaoilover12397

Thats awesome, when do you think you'll have pictures of the new ones?
Yaoilover12397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #5 
Amphibianite

Later this evening I am hoping, if not tomorrow mid-morning.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:06 AM   #6 
Amphibianite

So here are the current couples

First off is Prince Poppycock and the CT girl I got for him

Here is the female

Next post will be Thoth and his cambo girl
Old 09-05-2011, 02:10 AM   #7 
Amphibianite

Now for Thoth and His cambo girl Motoko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Tc6Yro6qg
Old 09-05-2011, 02:14 AM   #8 
Amphibianite

next is the Dragon PK male

Here is his eventual mate a PK girl

Old 09-05-2011, 02:21 AM   #9 
cajunamy
Banned

Prince is a gorgeous boy <3

The cambo girl, you will probably not see stripes on her. The paler girls don't really get them.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:22 AM   #10 
Amphibianite

So I am trying to figure out which male here to breed with the final female (she will be the last set of pic here)
Okay so first 3 here are a Silver/White and red Dragon HM

Next is a Silver Dragon Delta

Here is the girl. She is a gold green girl with a turquoise shine and tiger striping(not sure on tail type)