Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-04-2011, 10:41 PM   #1 
SwayLocks

BUMP that SHEET

just wondering... would it be a bad idea to keep my betta tank near some speakers in my room. i like to bump my jams on a day to day basis, would that bad for my betta?

who knows? they might like listening to music ha

Last edited by SwayLocks; 09-04-2011 at 10:46 PM.
SwayLocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #2 
MaggieLynn

I wouldnt do it.
MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #3 
iloveengl

It might freak him out, tbh. Kind of like thumping your finger on his tank glass over and over. I would think he could feel the sound vibrations through the water.
iloveengl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:45 AM   #4 
HatsuneMiku

depends on how loud ur bumping them .. and what kind of speakers are they ? those in computer speakers .. or those surround speakers that connect to a subwoofer ? .. or an actual stereo ..?

i know that tv surround sound doesn't bother mystique at all and i have him right in front of the tv on the table (about 1 and half foot away or less .. defiantly not more).. he actually watches tv when it's on .. and i usually have the tv on pretty loud on as background noise while i'm doing other chores ..

yuki i have right next to my computer speakers that is connected to a sub that is on the floor .. and i have the surround speakers like inches away from his tank .. and when i'm watching videos or streaming music .. he doesn't react at all to the sounds .. even when i'm playing them loud ..

so .. just try it out for like 15 minutes .. see how he reacts to it .. if you notice that it bothers him (swims around frantically .. goes to hide .. or clamps his fins and swims away from u .. etc) .. then maybe move him to somewhere else .. or don't listen loud =)
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:52 AM   #5 
Banicks

Victor sits on my computer desk above the sub and near the 5.1 speakers.

Thought it might affect him, but no signs of stress or even water movement. In fact, my typing right now causes more surface movement than my music!
Banicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:08 AM   #6 
HatsuneMiku

yea thats what i notice too =) .. i know in the morning when i wake up and start checking my e-mails and stuff .. while yuki is still sleeping .. the moment my fingers start hitting the keys he wakes up and swims over to be then gives me the look .. like "oh it's you again .. quit typing and let me sleep"
Old 09-05-2011, 04:34 AM   #7 
SwayLocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
depends on how loud ur bumping them .. and what kind of speakers are they ? those in computer speakers .. or those surround speakers that connect to a subwoofer ? .. or an actual stereo ..?

i know that tv surround sound doesn't bother mystique at all and i have him right in front of the tv on the table (about 1 and half foot away or less .. defiantly not more).. he actually watches tv when it's on .. and i usually have the tv on pretty loud on as background noise while i'm doing other chores ..

yuki i have right next to my computer speakers that is connected to a sub that is on the floor .. and i have the surround speakers like inches away from his tank .. and when i'm watching videos or streaming music .. he doesn't react at all to the sounds .. even when i'm playing them loud ..

so .. just try it out for like 15 minutes .. see how he reacts to it .. if you notice that it bothers him (swims around frantically .. goes to hide .. or clamps his fins and swims away from u .. etc) .. then maybe move him to somewhere else .. or don't listen loud =)
thanks for all the feedback! and i do have a sub thats on the floor but for right now this one im only using some 7in computer speakers. i guess i ll give it a try and see what happens
SwayLocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #8 
audjree

i have my betta's tank on my desk in my room, and i have a radio stereo on my nightstand that's about 2 or 3 feet away, and i usually play my music pretty loud.

it doesn't seem to bother him, he doesn't react any differently, but sometimes i lower it, just in case. haha :p

i agree with the others, just see how your betta reacts. (:
audjree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #9 
HatsuneMiku

=D gl !!