Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #11 
jskate94

LMAO! it's hard to control, it's kind of like an impulse thing! lol. yayyy! i always say, the more the merrier :D lol. i bet theyre swimming with joy since you got them out of those small cups! and the look will be worth it once theyre 100% kickin'! have any pictures of them? i'm dying to see! :o

and theyre doing well! Hiro is on his second day of AQ salt treatment and i moved him to a tank with smooth gravel and soft plants so he doesn't risk any worse tears than he already has. It's AMAZING what the first day of AQ salt did for him! His fins are already starting to look better. They're less jaggedy and starting to smooth out. and BOY does he swim around like a maniac now. he would just stay in one spot and now he is darting all over the tank. and Majesty is still a sweetie pie! She seems to have grown since i got her! and shes much more active.! Thanks :)

and how are your other rescues? :D
jskate94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #12 
Sams Bettas

Congrats on rescuing them. My female named Eleanor is a walmart rescue as well who was thrown out into the trash.
Sams Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #13 
roadplug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sams Bettas View Post
Congrats on rescuing them. My female named Eleanor is a walmart rescue as well who was thrown out into the trash.

Do you mean you found one of yours that had been thrown into the trash still alive?
roadplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #14 
roadplug

Hi Jskate94,
I agree - the more the marrier :D
They do seem very happy except when the a new boy, Barney got swept into the java moss by the filter and didn't seem able to get out until i turned the filter off. o.O)

Barney is dong well and eating good, he's afraid of Tobey, when it move the book i have between them - but once in a while he gets brave and dives at him, only to retreat quickly back to the java moss in his home.

Chris {pic below] marble ? is doing well too, 'cept i haven't been able to catch him flaring for a picture. The boys came from my second run at petsmart.

The new girls, are ct from petco, but i think its a little harder to see the tail ct traits than the other girls I've seen on Bettafish's site. You can see where one has a torn tail, Tiffany, but Eunice looks good to me. I have no idea what color she is, but think she's gorgeous :D
[pictures attached]
Little Sandy from the first batch got her tail bit, and is still leaning to her side, I put her by herself now.

I could easily make this a novel, listing each one and what I've observed - but I'll try to control myself.

is you're Hiro named after the not quite human pilot in Gundam Wing?
Mia
[Roadplug]
and more pics are here:
http://www.roadplug.com/fish/Betta_fish.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskate94 View Post
LMAO! it's hard to control, it's kind of like an impulse thing! lol. yayyy! i always say, the more the merrier :D lol. i bet theyre swimming with joy since you got them out of those small cups! and the look will be worth it once theyre 100% kickin'! have any pictures of them? i'm dying to see! :o

and theyre doing well! Hiro is on his second day of AQ salt treatment and i moved him to a tank with smooth gravel and soft plants so he doesn't risk any worse tears than he already has. It's AMAZING what the first day of AQ salt did for him! His fins are already starting to look better. They're less jaggedy and starting to smooth out. and BOY does he swim around like a maniac now. he would just stay in one spot and now he is darting all over the tank. and Majesty is still a sweetie pie! She seems to have grown since i got her! and shes much more active.! Thanks :)

and how are your other rescues? :D
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #15 
jskate94

:D they're beautiful! sorry it took so long to reply! and i can see the CT trait in the girls just fine! :o but very beautifull ! :D

hows sandy now? :o

and no. lol, i looked up japanese names :P and i saw hiro (which the site said it could mean prosperous) and was like that's fitting!
Old 09-13-2011, 11:26 PM   #16 
roadplug

Wink

Thanks.
Sandy is still the same. A little sideways, but eating and seems okay otherwise. She's still by herself and i gave her one of the heaters i already have. I have more coming on Thursday. Its getting cold here. My house ranges from 60 to 70 in the winter. I'm making sure i can heat each of the betta homes I've acquired.

I got the boy i ordered in a weak moment from Aquabid! The auction page had no description, except Male Betta. I'm as sure as i can be that he's a dragon with a long flowing tail. I named him Draco, [original, huh? :D ]

There's a fancy light on his tank that you can switch to blue, and he looks so cool under that light!
Are Magesty and Hiro doing well?

I saw where you watch having anything sharp in their bowls. Mine have duckweed and java moss with only a few of those colored glass balls on the bottom. So far no one's gotten in trouble, except for a filter washing one into a corner and he couldn't seem to get out. I increased the amount of java moss in each one after i saw a video on YouTube showing how they catch wild ones. The tall grass was so thick the humans could barely walk through it. So especially Little Sideways Sandy, i thought would feel more comfy.

Is Hiro still doing AQ salt? do you just do that while they've got visible wounds?
Old 09-13-2011, 11:33 PM   #17 
Luimeril

the male's tail, he chomped himself, probably from stress and/or boredom. just keep his water extra clean, and it'll heal up by itself.

the girl looks like a lemon pie with whipped cream. xDc .3. call her Lemon Pie. *bad with names*
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:59 PM   #18 
NCPanthersgurl

So I got curious about the blue water myself; it's actually a disease preventative. Some pet store's will continue to add it after the fish arrive, some will slowly phase it out.
NCPanthersgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:29 PM   #19 
jskate94

I CAME HOME from school AND HIRO'S FLOATING ON THE TOP DEAD D; !

he was just swimming around last night like a maniac! :(

oh my :( i feel awful, his fins were healing up too! i feel like i failed him :( i dont know what was wrong! he seemed sick when i first got him, but i thought he was getting better :(

ill post pics that i took last night in a little.

sorry about the sad story :(

@roadplug - but its gonna start to get cold here too soon. but sandy improved a litttle? :D

i love that name! im sure he's beautiful! is it one of the led colored lights? :o

and majesty's doing very well! i think she seems lost now because her's and hiro's tanks were right next to each other and they would always flirt! :( i don't know what i'm gonna do now

and i need to get some java moss, but i can't find it anywhere! where do you get it from? i heard it works marvelously. and i'm sure it would, better than swimming ontop of rocks :o

and he was. his last day was today :( but i can't do that now.

i'm not really sure though. i know it helps with stress, disease, and fin repair though.

@Lui - i was thinking she looked like lemon pie also! lol!

@NCPanthersgurl - really? i didn't know that! :D very interesting. thanks for the info! whered you find that out at??
Old 09-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #20 
Bambi

If you've ever used ich meds it turns the water blue.

The male's fins remind me of some of the coppers I've seen.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote