Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2011, 03:14 AM   #1 
cajunamy
Banned

My fish rooms

Ok so excuse the very messy house - I choose to take good care of my fish instead of my house lol! (I laugh but it is SO the truth.)

I have my craft room, where I keep my spawn tanks and my jarred babies. It's warmer in this room so that's why they are in here. In the craft room shots you'll see 2 wire shelves. The one on the left is the babies. Only the 2nd and 3rd shelf from the top hold fish, 20 in all. The second shelf are my keepers, and I have 2 I plan to breed, and also one boy that is healing after a divider slip. The 3rd shelf are the sellable males.

Then you'll see a trash can between the racks - that is my dirty water can. I have clean jars on the rack ready to go, and when I water change the jars every other day, I take an old jar, take a large net in one hand and the jar in the other, and gently pour the jar over the net into the can. My fish are used to this, and don't really stress about it. Then I take the net and place fish and IAL piece (if it's still good) into the new jar.

The second wire rack/shelf, well the top shelf is misc. things like the sewing machines I don't use often. The middle shelf is my spawning tanks, only one is in use right now, the other is empty of fish but has very old water and decos that I haven't gotten around to cleaning yet. Need to get it set back up though, so I can start another spawn. The big 20ish gal bucket holds my 5 month old females.

The last 2 shelves are food and meds. I hardly ever use meds.

Then there is a little area off of the craft room where I house my pet fish. There is a 55 gallon sororority, a 37 gallon tetra/angel tank for culls, a 10 gallon with a MM boy and a PetSmart boy (where the divider slipped), 2 other 10 gals, one with 3 plakats, the other with a VT & a OHM, and a 15 gallon with a rose tail, 2 Petsmart dragon HM boys, and a breeder halfmoon.

Also please ignore the low water (evap) and algaey tanks - it's been a hectic week with the storm coming over the weekend, so I was focused on being prepared for that. Rest assured water quality is perfect tho, just needs scrubbing and topping up.

I plan to clean tanks tonight (yes I'm up late, but I slept all day so will prolly be up till noon tomorrow then it's nap time!)

cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:39 AM   #2 
GreenTea

Love it Cajun!

I'm the same about my house ;]
My bf is coming to visit in two days after not seeing me for a month, gonna have to pick up! He always asks, "How are you able to work/school/take care of these fish/keep the house clean?" And I have to pretend I'm awesome at it lol. He doesn't see the school work or coats on the floor.
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #3 
Rocketscissors

Awesome!
Rocketscissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #4 
laughing

Holy smokes! That's insane! Kudos to you ;) Everything looks so efficient...

If only the house could clean itself.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #5 
cajunamy
Banned

It looks unorganized, yet it's organized in my mind ;) lol
Old 09-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #6 
teasell

Seriously like WOW.

Where do you get those gallon jars?

I see you have some for sale do you ever have a rosetail for sale?
Do you at present have any turquoise half or over halfmoons? and do you ship? I am in the US
teasell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #7 
BlakbirdxGyarados

SRSLY SRSLY SRSLY
I lol'd so much when I read those... and then I lost it at "stalker kitteh" xDD

Edit: Sorry if I sound like a loon. I'm extra nutty today thanks to the hurricane. :D;
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #8 
cajunamy
Banned

LOL I was waiting for someone to notice him ;) That's Felix, my wild one. Gots 3 others too. Meh, don't worry too much about Lee - it's mostly a rain dumper but he's lost alot of organization. We got a bunch of rain and moderate winds, but it wasn't bad here.

tesell, I bought some at walmart - the squareish ones. In the food storage aisle, with the pyrex dishes and such.

I am selling them, I have no halfmoons. Only deltas and super deltas. Some may be plakat but not sure yet. No turquoise either, just white marbles and greens. I do ship.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:23 PM   #9 
laughing

Was that the LSU game just a couple days ago?! Everyone was all "Oregon rocks!" and I was all "Guys. Srsly. LSU will win." and they did ^_^
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #10 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunamy View Post
LOL I was waiting for someone to notice him ;) That's Felix, my wild one. Gots 3 others too. Meh, don't worry too much about Lee - it's mostly a rain dumper but he's lost alot of organization. We got a bunch of rain and moderate winds, but it wasn't bad here.
:D
True, Lee's not really much of a hurricane. Well, he isn't; he's a tropical storm.
The only reason I said I was a little crazy because of him is because I love hurricanes. Don't ask why... I don't really know. I blame the thrill-seeker part of my personality. |D
He wasn't bad here, either though... more of it was just no rain, no rain, ALLOFASUDDENRAINFORTENMINUTESANDWIIIND, no rain, no rain, etc....
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote