Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2011, 10:52 AM   #21 
cajunamy
Banned

LOL thanks you guys - that comment actually didn't/doesn't bother me. OP is just not used to seeing serious hobbyist and/or know much about breeding bettas. No big for me. I also have a neighbor that thinks the same way, so I'm kinda used to it. But she's OCD about keeping up her house, and animals aggravate her.

Oh, let's not mention my 4 cats and my angora rabbit, and my NEED to find a pug puppy :) Oh yeah and 2 kiddos as well. Every pet and kid are well taken care of, and my house is nothing like those animal hoarder show houses ;) Just cluttered. In fact I cleaned up yesterday and my house is lovely!

Thanks for the love on my setup too. If I wanna keep breeding, I had to come up with the hoses for filling/draining and the cans for clean/dirty water to save my back. It's really the only way w/o throwing out my back.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #22 
dramaqueen
Banned

Your fish room is awesome, Amy. I guess some people don't realize that breeders have lots of fish and lots of stuff they need to take proper care of those fish.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:31 PM   #23 
Sweeda88

I'd have that many fish if I could care for them all. It's not hoarding if they're cared for properly. Hoarding is when you have so many pets that you CAN'T or won't care for them properly. I don't see the harm in having an ark full of pets if you can care for them. Is it any different than having a farm with dozens of animals? No, it's not. If they're all loved and cared for, then nobody has any business with calling you a "hoarder".
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:35 PM   #24 
Luimeril

my family thinks my 8 tanks all over my room is alot! LOL i dare not take pics of my set up! *hides* my room's far too messy! Spy has clothes on top of her tank right now(just two shirts. lol she loves the shade!), and Chappy lives next to a stack of video games.

man, i LOVE your angel tank! they look SO TINY in that big tank! can't wait to see them grow! <3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #25 
vaygirl

Nice set up Amy! I like the Angels too. I've always wanted one. Nice clutter too! Looks like my spare room upstairs! Your captions cracked me up.

And to Crazycatlady: Yes. Apparently you're the only one.
Posted via Mobile Device
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:21 PM   #26 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would have more bettas if I felt like I could take care of more but I think I'm at my limit and besides, living with my elderly mother, she would flip out if I had more. She thinks 11 is way too many. I've told her that I know people on here who have a LOT more than I do. lol She can't stand clutter and when you have pets there will be clutter. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #27 
1fish2fish

I finally was able to get on the puter and see the pics better. I love your captions LOL. I'm going to take pics of my set up in the next few days and post them. You're srsly messy floor ain't got nothing on me! :p
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:30 PM   #28 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
my family thinks my 8 tanks all over my room is alot! LOL i dare not take pics of my set up! *hides* my room's far too messy! Spy has clothes on top of her tank right now(just two shirts. lol she loves the shade!), and Chappy lives next to a stack of video games.
lul, I can say the same.... I shame myself for having such a horribly messy room.

While Jade and the guppies have a rather clean dresser to sit upon, the floor in front of them has 4 empty tanks (one with sand in it) an lots and lots of paper and bubblewrap. (Just got done packing/sending two fish.)
Eli and Samm are okay....
Where it gets cluttered is here. Ember is sitting in the middle of a huge pile of receipts and papers I need to get through, Rowan is hiding my bills and hiding behind my laptop and a few movie cases, Nights and the Three Legends are on another dresser that has fish food sitting neatly on top of an alarm clock, lei, stuffed animal frog, broken cell phone, Altoids can, and a few drawing notebooks.

If it doesn't sound bad, it's a lot worse than it sounds, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I would have more bettas if I felt like I could take care of more but I think I'm at my limit and besides, living with my elderly mother, she would flip out if I had more. She thinks 11 is way too many. I've told her that I know people on here who have a LOT more than I do. lol She can't stand clutter and when you have pets there will be clutter. lol
Exactly why my room looks horrible. I care for my fish more than the appearance of my room. |D
My grandmother also thinks the 5 bettas, 6 random fish, 5 nerite snails, 1 turtle, and 1 shrimp is too much. Even if it's just a ghost shrimp I'm bringing home, she'll roll her eyes and ask "Another?"
It's not that she doesn't like pets... she just doesn't like it when they die. >> She feels too bad, especially since I go through burying them all, even fish.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #29 
Luimeril

Spy never minded the shirts. xDc i actually cover my tanks with shirts and skirts when it storms, to help keep them calm, so i guess they're way used to shirts all over? xDc
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #30 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Ha! That's actually kinda awesome. xD'
If there's anything my fish are used to being covered with, it's mostly just tank lids... I put anything on top that they can see, some will try to jump up and bite it, others will just stare... and stare inTENTly.... |D
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote