Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #21 
BlakbirdxGyarados

lawl Reece. xD

Included in a sketch is color. (A betta is much prettier with it. ;D ) Both pencil-to-paper and digital sketches are free.

The difference between what I'm selling and what's free:
Free:
Sketch of your fish... any number of your fish, really... that isn't as cleanly colored or drawn as the paid-for version. The shading will be none to very little, and there will be a solid, simple, or no background added. Details are at a minimum, as well. If anything, it's a more rough cartoonish look.
If desired, I'm also willing to replace coloring with just shading. A black-and-white picture, really.

Commissioned:
These are drawings of your one fish (with $1 per extra fish) that are drawn cleanly (no frayed lines) and colored more detailed (more to your fish's color, no accidental out-of-the-lines coloring). Can be done as detailed as each scale on the body, should the commissioner want it. (I'll need a decent picture though, if at all possible.)
Midgrounds/foreground plants are also included. 1-3 is the limit... more if the plants you chose are generally small. Really it depends on the species of plant to determine how many you can have... I might have to note that in my ad, but if, say, you wanted five Amazon Sword plants, I can do an extra 3 of the rather large plants (unless you wanted them small) for the same cost as one extra fish. The only reason I limit plants is to keep the picture from getting too crowded.
Backgrounds are blurr-detailed... meaning you can have an elaborate castle in the background or a sunken ship in the background, or maybe you just want it to be as simple as a vast space of open water... but it will be blurred. The focus of the picture is supposed to be your fish, anyway. ;)
While commissioned pieces are intended to be the more realistic pieces, I've never quite proven to be a realistic artist. It will be of vibrant color, rather than mature, and there will be some things expressed more than in a real betta. Example: the eyes are likely to look less like a real betta's and more as they're seen in the sketches I've done as posted here.
Color in commissioned pieces can also be converted to mid-contrast black and white. In either case... you betta(s) will have the most detail than anything else.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #22 
Reece

Cool!!! Yeah having the roughly coloured sketch would be nice!!!! Thanks...!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #23 
BlakbirdxGyarados

No problem! I'm off the computer for a while (was on it pretty much all day... I feel guilty xD), but if I get a chance to sit down today, I'll work on your traditional piece, Reece. :D
Old 09-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #24 
Potential4Evil

Id love a pick of Baldwick, with asian inspired plants and a orange/yellow shelled mystery snail (his friend, Gary)

do u have a paypal i can send the money to?
and ill pm you pictures after I can figure out how to pay you
Potential4Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #25 
BlakbirdxGyarados

I got your PM, Potential4Evil.

For yours and others reference, I do have a Paypal address. I prefer it as payment, though any other forms of payment are accepted... I wait until checks/money orders/etc. go through to my bank before getting started, though.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #26 
trilobite

"@trilobite, In the same picture, I'm assuming... since that's all I seem to be getting requests for. x)"

Yeap and could it be the free version please? xD
Thank you very much
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #27 
BlakbirdxGyarados

@trilo, yes it can be. xD This is the free thread, after all.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #28 
betta lover1507

*GASP that is soo beautiful 0_0 i love it very mucho. and yes you found lol i was very tired last night. actually i got them from different pet store's, most of the babies died {=[ but thank you so much
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #29 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Sorry to hear that about the babies, bl1507. D: Was it their first spawn together?
In any case, it was fun drawing them. You're very welcome!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #30 
BlakbirdxGyarados

I got this done while waiting for a copy of my car key at the store. (Yes, I lose my car keys a lot. xD)

Hope you like it, Reece! c: