Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #1 
Myates

Hate seeing this...

Really? REALLY??

Now before I say anything.. these are good to have for QTing and breeding. I just wish the manufacturers would list them as that, and recommend them used only for that.

Tank kit...

Double tank??

Sigh..
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #2 
LittleBettas

All three make me sad :(
Stupid
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #3 
EverythingNice55

OMG! WOW! Those are so tiny! I would NEVER buy something like that! Arghh! It makes me angry that clueless people would stick a betta in those!!
EverythingNice55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:34 PM   #4 
Luimeril

that last one, is bigger than it seems. x: it's still only about a half gallon undivided, but it's alot bigger than the second one. x: the pet store i buy from, often houses the fancier halfmoons and HMPKs(well.. hte one time they had one.. Theo. <3) in those, to give them more room than the cups, i guess(because, well... i've gotten two Deltas for the price of a veil because they weren't marked as "HMs". LOL). they're still NOT good homes, but just wanted to point out how much bigger that last one really is. x:
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:14 AM   #5 
Sparrow

So sad! When I told my dad what I was planning on putting in the 5 gallon hex I bought from my nephew, he mentioned seeing them in vases at offices. I told him how sad those are, and he said they never seem to swim. I eplained that's because they don't have any room too!

All of mine I used to have were in at least 2-3 gallons, and they used their space. I wish people realized this.

The only local pet store has them in cups with a sign that says "Thanks for your concern, but we don't mind the small living quarters. It mimics our natural environment. Signed, The Bettas."

I'm going to print off real information as flyers and stick them up next to that sign when no one is looking. :)
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:29 AM   #6 
Reece

haha sparrow I'd love to see you put a second part of that next to it starting with 'however...' Can't stand those homes, the first has got to be the worst, it looks like he can move a few centimetres and then has to stop. Would be such a horrible life living somewhere where you can't move. :'( Sometimes I look at my 10 gallon and think it looks too small, but that's only because I picture Daz (my purple veil tail betta) swimming in a huge ocean! Daz uses every inch of space available and can go from one side to the tank to the other tons of times, I couldn't imagine him in anything smaller, especially the tanks that we've seen...
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #7 
SKA123

@ Sparrow i've seen a sign like that in my local petshop too. it really does make me sad. when i got my betta in a bowl the next day i went out and got him a 2.5 tank. i wanted to get him a 5 but i just dont have the room. but he's happy and he swims a lot. i feel bad for bettas, and i hate the videos online of them fighting one another.
SKA123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #8 
Draug Isilme

Sparrow: xD Pardon me, but what dumbass thought it was a bright idea to say a tiny-ass cup with NOTHING ELSE IN IT BUT THE FISH "mimics" a bettas "natural environment"?!...... What kind of creature has ANY type of environment that would mimic a tiny, empty cup? You should totally put up flyers, I absolutely love that idea ^.^

That aside, my friend has the last bowl posted -.- She had a male and female in it for a while (she doesn't keep up with water changes).. Now she only has the female 'cause she gave the male away to someone else. She's still alive (my friend still lacks the ability to change the water frequent enouch and she feeds it the flaky food, so it makes the water cloud up faster), but once I get my new tank in, I'm giving her the 1.5g I'm using now so she can give her female betta an adequate home. ONLY if she uses it for her betta, of course, 'cause when I brought up giving her the bowl when we were at the pet store, she suddenly went off on a rant on how she wanted new fish and was gonna put them in the one I was gonna give her... but I blew up in her face at that point, so she's gonna keep her female in it ^.^ I know it's still not the best situation for the fish, but I'm sure it'll help out a bit...
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #9 
LaLaLeyla

That double tank has barely enough room for one betta let alone two! D:
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #10 
SKA123

poor babies :(
SKA123 is offline   Reply With Quote