Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #11 
BettasDeserveBetter

Aww, poor little things. I use the bottom last tank for QT for one betta. NOT. TWO. And yes, it is actually bigger than it seems. NOT BIG ENOUGH FOR TWO THOUGH! (aha, sorry!) I keep up with my water changes though.
BettasDeserveBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #12 
Draug Isilme

Yeah, two bettas are definitely a bad idea, I've seen it first hand.. -.- I'm glad she gave the other one away, but I don't know how well they took care of it, so... yeah I hope he's doing okay....
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #13 
Bresn

I quit using the second one now,both of my bettas is in bigger tank

First tank:Are you a betta hater seller and maker!?
Bresn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:37 AM   #14 
adamxaotmic

Bettas! Their a novelty.
Not a pet/ living being.
Didn't ya know?

/sarcasm
adamxaotmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #15 
SnowySurface

I think tanks this small are popular for a combination of two reasons.

The first reason is misinformation. The first person who sold me a betta swore up and down that they don't need a lot of room and can be kept in tiny bowls. I learned over time that the clerk was full of crap, but it took a lot of research and a few sick fish for me to realize it was my lack of care and improper housing that made all of them ill and inactive. Not only do few people bother researching fish before getting a pet but they assume the pet store staff knows what they are talking about. So, I know from my own experience that a shopper will believe the Petsmart or Petco tank suggestions blindly.

The second reason is the price of bettas. I think some people are under the impression that cheap fish don't live long and are supposed to be boring. If bettas were really beautiful fish with a 5+ year life span they, would sell for more than $5. So, they put the $3-5 fish in a $6 dollar tank because the fish isn't 'worth' an expensive tank. A fish that cheap is just going to die soon anyway, so why waste the money. *eyeroll*

I know my second reason is a bit harsh. But I've heard, "Its just a fish," too many times to not jump to that conclusion. If the store clerk is giving someone bad information about a $3-5 dollar fish, that person isn't going to do hours of research to make sure the staff member isn't lying through his/her teeth. If some pet owners looked past the bettas' $3-5 price tag, small tanks like this would never be used as permanent homes. : /
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote