Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2011, 08:23 AM   #1 
Sena Hansler

Caring for a betta that is 95% more fragile?

I HAD (past tense :( ) a betta, Dusk, who I swear is..er...was... 95% more fragile then any other betta I have. Sadly yesterday he had ich (I was not here for a couple days, so who knows when he got it) so I did a simple water change like I do with all the other bettas.... and this morning he was dead I did everything like I always do... tap water conditioner, gravel siphon... -sighs-

Well, do any of you have one of those types of bettas? The ones who die(d) for the smallest little things? How exactly do you care for them?? >< The other bettas I have are fine... Though I think one other one who was in the same batch as him may be borderline of being more fragile than fragile
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
I HAD (past tense :( ) a betta, Dusk, who I swear is..er...was... 95% more fragile then any other betta I have. Sadly yesterday he had ich (I was not here for a couple days, so who knows when he got it) so I did a simple water change like I do with all the other bettas.... and this morning he was dead I did everything like I always do... tap water conditioner, gravel siphon... -sighs-

Well, do any of you have one of those types of bettas? The ones who die(d) for the smallest little things? How exactly do you care for them?? >< The other bettas I have are fine... Though I think one other one who was in the same batch as him may be borderline of being more fragile than fragile
Are you sure it was ich?In my experience, Ich usually isn't a fast killer of fish.
However, some bettas before we bring them home have had horrible care... so he may have been ill when you got him.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #3 
Sena Hansler

It may not have been ich that KILLED him, but he did have ich (maybe for a couple of days?) Usually I am picky on the bettas I choose... either I purposely get one who is sickly as a rescue (Like my lil' Admiral) or purposely get the ones who are vibrant, active, flaring, responsive... I know I did everything right for the water change, because it's what I always do. However he never liked water changes, or being moved (buying him), or being introduced... He'd always "go into shock" -.-
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote