Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2011, 08:30 AM   #11 
Potential4Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstardobe View Post
I heard too many horror stories about the store bought ones to risk it. It only cost me about $2 to create my hammock. The suction cup was a extra from when I got my tank kit and the plants where $2. Took me less then 5 minutes to make. No metal, no adhesives.
well i made the mistake of buying it when i bought Chum-Fu cuz it was a dollar and the lady at the pet store said it would keep him happier. Now after joining this site I realized my 2 mistakes: buying the zoo med bed and listening to the pet store lady
Potential4Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #12 
Princess Penny

Someone should make & sell these, I'd totally buy one! :P
/lazy
Princess Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:43 PM   #13 
Wolfstardobe

Quote:
Someone should make & sell these, I'd totally buy one! :P
/lazy
Hmmm....
Wolfstardobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #14 
kmargold

If it's specifically made for betta fish though wouldn't they take the precautions to avoid those situations?
kmargold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:42 PM   #15 
Wolfstardobe

Quote:
If it's specifically made for betta fish though wouldn't they take the precautions to avoid those situations?
Yes but they still make .5 gallon 'tanks' Specially for bettas and we all know they are not nearly big enough. They also put hard plastic plants that rip up the bettas fins in these betta kits.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:44 PM   #16 
Wolfstardobe

If half the product makers would do research they wouldn't recall quite so many products every year.

Last edited by Wolfstardobe; 09-08-2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Change text
Old 09-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #17 
ALS1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstardobe View Post
I heard too many horror stories about the store bought ones to risk it. It only cost me about $2 to create my hammock. The suction cup was a extra from when I got my tank kit and the plants where $2. Took me less then 5 minutes to make. No metal, no adhesives.
i have one of the store bought ones and i just pulled the wire out of mine after reading the scary stories about them on here. i just pulled it right out and stuck the leaf back in the suction cup... only difference is now its not quite as stiff but still holds schneider up just fine and i dont have to worry about the danger
ALS1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #18 
kmargold

I think it must depend on which leaf you buy. I don't recall which brand I purchased but mine doesn't seem to have any sort of wire in it at all. I believe the stem is just made of a rigid but flexible plastic.
kmargold is offline   Reply With Quote