Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #1 
Micho

Which is better?

So PetSmart is having a sale and I saw two 10 gallons up for sell.

There is the Marina Style 10 Tank, and the Waterhome 10 (not economic).

Which one is better? Anyone have any experience with them? Any help is nice thanks. :)
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:54 PM   #2 
Micho

No one knows? >:
Old 09-13-2011, 10:44 PM   #3 
Kytkattin

If you could find links to them on the Petsmart website we would have a better chance of knowing exactly what you are talking about. :)
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:01 AM   #4 
Micho

Oh yes silly me.

http://www.aquariumswest.com/aquariu...rter_kits.html

The Waterhome 10 would be the fourth one on the list, it's $79.99 CAD.

http://www.fintastic.us/index.php?pa...inneraquariums

Marina Style 10 Glass Aquarium is on the list you'll just have to scroll down. For $54.97 CAD, these tanks are a bit pricey, I really don't know where else to shop for tanks in Canada.

Best links I could find.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:16 AM   #5 
bahamut285

It depends on what you want to do. If you ever want live plants, then I recommend getting the DELUXE version of the Marina 10, purely because it has a better hood than the normal Marina 10.

I own the Marina 5 Starter kit and I love it. The filter speed is adjustable, and it's got several slits at the back so you can put your heater wherever you want :)

I have never seen the Waterhome 10 before, so I have no comment on it
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:19 AM   #6 
Kytkattin

While I don't have any personal experience with either set (they come as a set, right? not just the tank?), I love the aqua clear filters that come with the first set. I like being able to customize my filter media, and the aqua clears make it so easy!
Both will need a heater added.
Not sure about the prices. Maybe try craigslist or a similar site? Getting things secondhand saves a ton if you can manage it.
Otherwise, I really do recommend saving so you can buy what you really need. Fish are so much more fun to keep when you have everything set up perfectly, at least for me they are!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:29 AM   #7 
bahamut285

@Kyt: Yeah it's a kit, it comes with the tank, filter, light and filter media. Some come with extra stuff like a thermometer and a better light for live plants.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #8 
Micho

The man said that the Waterhome 10 has a better filter and lights than the Marina 10.

I was thinking of not planting live plants because that would cost a lot more money and time, maybe throw one or two moss balls in? And some Cardinal Tetras and some octos when algae starts building up, would that be good for a 10g?
Old 09-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #9 
bahamut285

Sounds good to me. Just be aware that the cardinals will either nip your betta or your betta will attack them. Cardinals and Otos must also be in groups so take care not to overstock or understock either species.

I believe the smallest Oto group should be around 3-5, and Cardinals 5-7; but I am not 100% sure.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #10 
Thunderloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micho View Post
The man said that the Waterhome 10 has a better filter and lights than the Marina 10.

I was thinking of not planting live plants because that would cost a lot more money and time, maybe throw one or two moss balls in? And some Cardinal Tetras and some octos when algae starts building up, would that be good for a 10g?
Cardinals tetra would need six to eight to be happy. Problem is that tetra will tail-bite male betta when feeling hungry (which means always).

The trouble I see here is kinda funny. I can get a penn-plax heater, walmart 10g kit (uses two screw in bulbs) and an Aquaclear 20 for the same price as that waterhome kit.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote