Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #11 
Sams Bettas

Ok yuck factor of the day... I was watching the girls today after I fed them and noticed these worms on the gravel stones. There must be 4 - 11 worms on EACH gravel stone! Thats disgusting! Well soon I'll be switching to sand and get some loaches. Just gotta do some reading up on which will be best for me.
Sams Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

Eeeuuwww!! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #13 
ninjaofthe9seas

I really really really really really like loaches but they need at very least/bare minimum 10gallons, which even then is kinda small. I just read quick and not sure if you said how big your tank is... but if its big enough i'd recommend getting a couple cause they're actually quite cute. >^.^<
ninjaofthe9seas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:59 PM   #14 
Sams Bettas

I did some reading up on them. I'm going to wait till I get the 90 gallon tank to get some loaches. Right now I think I've some what gotten these little buggers under control. I did a bunch of water changes and have restricted the feeding to the fish. There are a few on the glass front right now. Im not seeing the mass all over the gravel also.. So I guess Im doing ok. Ew and to think that I used to use my mouth when I syphon! Thats fing disgusting... I recently got a syringe to start the syphon... Rolls eyes...
Sams Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:31 PM   #15 
Draug Isilme

xD I know what ya mean about the syphon... I got one recently and the 1.5g I have is too small for me to be able to get the water flowing on it's own... So I have to suck it out, and sometimes I don't get it away from my mouth fast enough!! >.< I end up spitting over and over and I freak out about the idea of swallowing any kind of spit til I'm able to rinse out my mouth xD It's ridiculous... I usually try to rinse out the siphon as much as I can after I use it, though... Luckily the 5g I just got is tall enough for me to get the siphon going without having to do that ^.^ The sucky thing, is I have to get a bigger bucket, otherwise I'm gonna have to do it twice and the second time around, I'm not able to get it started on it's own x.x
That rant aside, I'm so excited for you ^.^ The huge 90g with loaches!! I'm so envious!!
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote