Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2011, 04:39 PM   #1 
Aquarianblue

My introduction.

Hello fellow Betta lovers and enthusiasts!

I can't begin to tell any of you just how happy I am that I found this epicly amazing forum! I plan to be a daily member here, and see all I can of what this site has to offer. But before I go on, allow me to tell you guys how I came to fall for Bettas. As a kid, I always thought 'siamese fighting fish' were cool looking, and that planted the seed. Well a few years back I was an employee at Amazon.com; and during orientation it somehow or another got brought up by someone that we could have goldfish or bettas on our desk. It might have even been myself asking, I really can't remember. So my first payday I went and bought my first ever Betta, Blue. He was a beautiful cobalt blue betta, and on the tips of his fins he was a brilliant scarlet red. I bought him all he needed, and I was just oh so very happy to have him at my desk. I noticed I was really the only employee who actually had a betta at work though. so I kinda quickly became popular at work, and lots of people would come to visit Blue. And I quickly bought another one. This one being a fancy tailed red one. I had two seperate aquariums on my desk, but eventually bought a divider one, and Blue and Red were always flaring up, but otherwise happy. Anyways that's how I came to get my first bettas, and where my love of them came from. been in love ever since.

Now, for the reason I'm on this site. I've been in dire need of a hobby as of late, and I kept pondering. "James, what are you gonna do in the free time you have that you love, besides gaming?" then it came to me! I love fish, and I'd always loved Bettas! So I am planning on buying a new pet Betta soon, and really learning all there is to know about them here, and eventually getting to breeding when I'm ready. I've always thought them beautiful, almost mythical in beauty critters. and felt so silly I hadn't thought of it before! I just wish I had a pet one now, but alas, soon I shall.

Anyways, that's kinda me, and where my love of Bettas come from. thanks for reading my intro. My name is James, btw. and I live in Tri-cities, WA. if any of you live around here, feel free to drop a message, so we can talk fish. and even if your not local, feel free to message me. I've never met a stranger in my life. God bless all of you. I look forward to many adventures on this website.
Aquarianblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #2 
Laki

:) Welcome! I'm new too but have learned so much in the last 2 or 3 days that I feel guilty I haven't come by sooner!! lol I had my betta Lakitu since early May 2011.
Don't know what tri cities is but I'm up in East Canada on the island of Newfoundland!! :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #3 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum James and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping......

Ask all the question you need and we welcome you to read and enjoy the many informative sticky at the top of the different sections......

Again welcome...look forward to seeing pic and hearing more about your new Betta once you find him/her and your adventures in the hobby....

Enjoy your stay.....a lot of great members ready and willing to help.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #4 
mjoy79

Welcome to the forum! Look forward to pics of your first (of no doubt many!) betta. When the bug bites, it bites hard! :)
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #5 
Aquarianblue

:)

Thanks for the warm reception! Wow. Now I truly feel like I belong. I miss having pet Bettas. and I know what you mean, you start out with 1...then it's 2....then hey, why not. Let's get more! I've had the betta bug for a few years. but here recently I've come back to my first love. I can't wait to show you pics of my new boy. I'm gonna be getting him maybe next week!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #7 
doggyhog

Welcome!!! Glad to have you!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #8 
MarinePsycho

Welcome to the site! please post pictures when you get your new betta fish. Betta fish are addicting once you get one :3 trust me.
MarinePsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:34 AM   #9 
Aquarianblue

How do I post up pics? I have a few I could post and share!
Old 09-07-2011, 01:48 AM   #10 
Tisia

either upload them to a site like photobucket and then click the icon that looks like a mountain with a sun and add the link (or just copy paste the IMG code if you use photobucket) or you can attach it from your computer by clicking the little paperclip dealy

and yay for another northwestener, seems like there's quite a few of us recently, lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote