Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2011, 01:28 AM   #1 
ManInBlack2010

Red face Cute things your Betta does?

I purchased my first Betta about a month ago. I bought him, and i'll admit, as kinda an impulse buy. I actually got him the day before my ex broke up with me. My Betta Cash has helped me get through that and i've spent a lot of my time making him happy and distracting myself. I upgraded him from the 1.5 gallon bowl i got the day i bought him to a 3.5 tank with a filter and a heater and i rotate his toys and plants around so he is never board.

I love it when i come home from a long day at work, i flip on the light to my room and he will rush out of his house to the edge of the tank, flare up and dart around like he's happy to see me :) it's like having another dog.

and today i bought him a new plant. while i was setting it up in the rocks he was swimming around my hand like an excited puppy, he would nip at the leaves and i then had to cut some off cause it was too tall and stray pieces would float around and he would chase them.

do your bettas do cute stuff like this? whats one of your favorite things they do? :)
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:02 AM   #2 
HatsuneMiku

hey there =)

welcome to the forums!!

mr. bubbles likes to flare at my finger when i press it up against his tank .. he also likes to swim into his pineapple house and stick his head out the window of it and just lay there like he's peeking out .. he also likes to make bubbles everywhere .. not in a nest form .. just everywhere .. all over his tank .. hence the name mr. bubbles

mystique likes to do the hungry dance everytime he sees me .. he thinks it'll make me feed him .. he also flares at other people that are not me when they get close to his tank =D ..

yuki likes to play dead .. i don't think it's cute .. but he does it all the time =/ just to freak me out .. then when i'm like OMG yuki and run to his tank .. he'll swim right over and start his wiggle dance .. he also likes to stare at me when i'm on the computer .. i can see his little eyes looking at me .. when i glance over to look at him .. which is cute =D .. he also likes to sleep butt/tail facing up and nose down .. which makes me also think he's dead .. but he's not really ..

lol that's all i can think of off the top of my head
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:53 AM   #3 
xXbrokencrownXx

awww haha these are so cute!

Recently my boy Suzu had to stay with a friend, and literally played dead for her the whole time, and then I got him back and he was back to normal and flaring at me and playing. He's so silly! He also swims right over whenever I come slightly closer to his tank. He'll also watch me when I'm on my comp! :)

Today he was extra cute! I poked the tank right by his face, and it didn't seem to register for a sec, and then he flared. haha he was so delayed. :)
xXbrokencrownXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #4 
hmckin20

hehehehe! your betta sounds adorable.

florence (my purple girl) will stare at me for a minute and then jump if i stick my head around the corner of the tank. she'll waggle there for a minute and then jump like I'LL TEACH YOU!

pierce is usually so excited about food he's always jumping around to get it, but nine times out of ten he misses the pellet and it goes sinking down into the tank. xD so i have to get his attention and calm him down before he'll eat.

caspian usually flares every time i hold the camera up to him. like SCU ME.
hmckin20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #5 
LaLaLeyla

I just thing its adorable how my bettas loves to swim around, and its so cute when he attacks his pellets xD
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:52 AM   #6 
carzz

My Baby boy Benny, he lives in my room. And when ever I enter the room, he goes to the front of the tank, like, "yay! Mommy's home!" So I take the lid off and say hello :P
And Sykes, he is just the most hyper bug ever!
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:50 AM   #7 
Aquarianblue

My boys..

I love these kinds of conversations! I watch my bettas everyday, for at least a total of 3 hours throughout the day. 10 mins here, half hour there. ect. And these two storys are what really come to mind to me.

Blue, my first ever betta. I used to work for a company that allowed us fish on our desks, but I was like, one of the 2 out of 600+ employees that ever bothered. Anyhow, Blue lived in his own 2.5 gallon tank on my desk. I often had rough days, and he started kicking his rocks around the bottom of his tank, so I'd hear the tiniest "tink" noises coming from his tank. I'd look, and he'd just swim all over, flaring up, trying to cheer me up. But it's weird because he only acted this way on bad days. and I've never had any other betta who would actually make noises to get my attention. Of course, whenever I came back to work from a day, or from my weekend, he was always stoked to see me!

Lucky- Now Lucky is the first Betta my girlfriend has ever had. And the first one in some time for me. He's a beautiful crowntail, Blue. in fact thats him in his temporary "cleaning" home. When I'm doing his 10 gallon. (he lives in a community with platys, and 2 cory cats) Anyhow. on the other side of the divider, is Flare. brand new, got him just a few hours ago. Anyways Flare well, Flares at Lucky. Lucky has not once flared back. he seems like he actually wants to go and be friends. NEVER gonna allow it, but it seems like he truly wants to be friends with Flare.
Aquarianblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:17 AM   #8 
Sakura8

I love watching my bettas eat. That funny little "crunching" sound and the way they look like they're chewing even though I know they aren't. So cute.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:43 AM   #9 
Aquarianblue

I gotta agree. I like watching them eat. It seems Flare likes to ambush his food. he comes up from behind a leaf in his plants, and suddenly attacks the pellet. lol
Aquarianblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:48 AM   #10 
Sakura8

So cute! Mine have to flop around in circles for a minute searching for their food even though I drop it directly in front of them. They get wiggling and it's like they can't stop so they wiggle right on past their food.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote