Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #111 
Sena Hansler

Yeah I go to grab something out of the tank (a plant) and Nemphis attacked me x.x it actually does hurt when he bites - he is no little betta lol. (oh geez imagine the bite from a giant betta?! good thing he isn't a giant ) And wow... Most people I know have tail biters - I had Crayola who has a super long tail, pectoral fins that are as long as his body... but no tail biting o_O -so lucky for that-
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #112 
valleyankee

Now you got me scared with this biting stuff.
valleyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #113 
Sena Hansler

which part? tail biting or finger biting? xDD I rescued the darn buggers and they repay me by attacking viciously x.x LOL. Don't blame them. Being abused, I'd lash out too LOL.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #114 
valleyankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
which part? tail biting or finger biting? xDD I rescued the darn buggers and they repay me by attacking viciously x.x LOL. Don't blame them. Being abused, I'd lash out too LOL.
BITING THE HAND THAT FEEDS THEM!

valleyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #115 
cherrybello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Yeah I go to grab something out of the tank (a plant) and Nemphis attacked me x.x it actually does hurt when he bites - he is no little betta lol. (oh geez imagine the bite from a giant betta?! good thing he isn't a giant ) And wow... Most people I know have tail biters - I had Crayola who has a super long tail, pectoral fins that are as long as his body... but no tail biting o_O -so lucky for that-
Buddy must be a baby fish, he's half the size of my other 2 bettas... I don't know because I am still new at it :)

Both my VTs that were housed in 5g filtered and heated tanks bit their tail, Buddy had to be rehoused in a smaller tank (unfiltered and unheated) because of space issue, he has since stopped biting his tail, I was thinking about re-housing Mr Pinky as well, see if that helps...before he starts breaking out in fin-rot or something. Having no biters even with elaborate tail types, lucky you Sena. I am about to tear my hair out watching Mr Pinky. Maybe he wants to be a CT... who knows...
cherrybello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #116 
Sena Hansler

Hm, I thought VT biting were rare... well, more rare than a HM. And trust me since I have 13 adult bettas I knew I was bound to see everything - but no tail biter yet. A mystery disease, ich, fin rot, torn fins, scarface Shiloh... seen almost everything, now know how to heal almost everything... But yet to have a tail biter :) And I can get how annoying it would be dealing with one! My gosh...

And lol biting the hand that feeds them.. like I said I trained Spartan out of it. Like a dog tapped his nose a few times when he bit and he doesn't bite anymore. Which makes him cuter...
Old 11-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #117 
Silverfang

Sena, you sound alot like someone else I knolw... heh, I keep saying you need to come down with a serious case of tailbiteritus! just for being such a tease :)
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #118 
Sena Hansler

I know lol. Well I thought Crayola would do that... he is a VT with super long fins - his pectoral fins the length of his body! But no. no biting. I have too many bettas and still have yet to have a biter??? -something is not right- granted I do not want one, but... lol

I already got the bettitus I don't need another case of anything!!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #119 
mjoy79

I love it when Jack (guy in my avatar) swims Baaaack and Fooooorth showing off for me. He's a tailbiter so I'm thinking - as long as he's showing off for me he's not biting! The blue on his body is "leaking" down his fins. I have a feeling he'll be a beautiful butterfly before long. Just wish he's leave that tail alone!!
mjoy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #120 
Sena Hansler

Pretty fish!!! hehe back and forth, back and forth :p darn song...