Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #151 
titusthebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
hahaha bettas are so weird, I love their personalities sooo much. Do you guys notice the personality differences? My females seem to be WAY more interested in me than the boys do, for some reason.
I haven't had a female yet, but my boy is mostly interested in me because he knows I give him food. When I don't, he usually flares at me in frustration. :P
titusthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:04 PM   #152 
BeautifulBetta

LOL the 'RAWR-gimme-food' face...love it! =P
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #153 
erinandares

I guess Phaistos took to heart my teasing about not building bubblenests. He built a GIANT one. But he dragged his tail through it and cut a piece off. >.> How a fish does that, I don't know. I was just like... "Only you......"
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #154 
Rosso1011

My little guy likes to flare at me in the morning time when I "wake" him or when I come back into the room (he's in my study, where I have to spend a lot of my time).

He also flared up big time when I moved the camera close to his tank for a picture. I don't know if he didn't like the camera or was trying to pose for the camera, lol.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #155 
Rosso1011

BeautifulBetta, mine won't give me that look too often, instead he tries to make me feel guilty by hunting along the bottom of his tank for food. I know I fed you plenty this morning and it's not feeding time yet .
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:20 PM   #156 
Fasht

My betta Bleu always nips on his tank mates. I've seen him kill 5 of my shrimps but what I've found funny was when I added the apple snail in the tank he was just observing him, few mins later the snail came out of its shell and Bleu saw something wiggly came out of it without hesitationg he tried to swallow it thinking it was some kind of a worm treat lol.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and this one is Copper originally named as "Goth" so whenever I look at him or try to take photos of him he just hides from me =( lol well hes my new addition to the family so he's prolly scured.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Fasht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:22 PM   #157 
BeautifulBetta

LOL!!! cheeky boy :)
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #158 
Salamandair

I think Casper is an attention hog. I'm normally at my desk now on my laptop, since Boyfriend likes to use the bed for playing League of Legends. Casper normally swims laps around the tank, but every so often, he'll start swimming in a circle at the front of the tank, like he's showing off for me or he wants to get my attention.

He also does wiggle dances and half flares at the eraser part of a dry erase marker. So cute :3
Salamandair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:12 AM   #159 
valleyankee

I have a boy and he can't stop looking and flaring at me. He thinks I am weird and a strange color.
valleyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #160 
Sena Hansler

My betta Spartan, I had to teach him not to bite me - like tapping him on the mouth. I tried teaching Sasuke that that little red devil... It made me laugh last night because the little bugger kept coming back to attack me. What a meanie! Cute, but mean...
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote