Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #161 
LaLaLeyla

My crowntail betta Cosmo loves wedging himself into leaves and just staying there all day. Lazy bum..

My HM plakat Gizmo is a fiesty thing. While on vacation the temp in our house dropped to 55 F and when I came home he was swimming around happy to see me. He's just so adorable >w<
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:14 PM   #162 
valleyankee

I like to go right up to the tank and have a stare down. I look him straight in the eyes, he flares and looks me straight in the eyes. No one budges.

He is probably thinking, god, he's ugly.
valleyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #163 
pixiedust

i no longer have this betta but he used to hide behind some of his plants for a few seconds then dart up to the top of his tank and pop a few of the left over bubbles then swim back down and hide for a bit then pop some more, and keep doing it over and over again.
pixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:10 PM   #164 
ManInBlack2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
hahaha bettas are so weird, I love their personalities sooo much. Do you guys notice the personality differences? My females seem to be WAY more interested in me than the boys do, for some reason.
same! except for my first boy cash... we had this awesome bond, i loved/still love that boy and he got me through some tough crap in my life. but my female Adalida follows me whenever i enter the room. she'll hang out on whatever side of the tank i'm on staring at me. Rebel on the other hand will come and look at me and if i don't feed him he'll just say 'eh' and go play with his reflection in the glass
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:08 PM   #165 
erinandares

You guys are so right about the females. My little girl, Harmonia, swims right up to the glass and makes little fishie kisses at me. <333 She looks at me right away from across the room whenever I look at her, and she gets so excited, she jumps when I come over and stand by the tank. She's so cute. My boys just go guard their bubble nests or lose interest after a second. Lol.

My Phaistos acts like he's scared of me. >.> He looks at me sideways with this "ehhhhh...." look on his face and darts away. Grr. But it's still cute. I just don't like that his idea of pouting is lying on the gravel behind his cave. O.O
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:45 AM   #166 
nel3

i wouldnt say its cute but its funny. this happens when i feed Nelliel a flake way too big to swallow in 1 bite. he'd take a peice off it and dart away sometimes hitting the tank wall. he comes back for it later or when i lead him back to the flake.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #167 
Sena Hansler

haha Ghengis does that... "grrr finger come to meet your mak- gaaahhh get away from me!!!"
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:43 AM   #168 
Rosso1011

I bought and set up my new 3.5 gal , I will catch Rosso going into the top part of his temple to rest, only he doesn't rest completely inside. He will poke the front part of his body out of the temple and rest for a short little bit, then slowly shimmy his way out.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #169 
erinandares

Awwh. Harmonia is an accomplished jumper. Even though I teed the top of the dividers, she'll launch herself right over them. If I don't feed her fast enough, she jumps over into the other fish's section and eats all his food while he watches like "Where did you come from?!?!" -.-;
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #170 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLeyla View Post
My crowntail betta Cosmo loves wedging himself into leaves and just staying there all day. Lazy bum..
Ahahaha... sounds kinda like Elaaxzus. He has hairgrass covering the floor of his tank, but it's not filled out yet... However there is one spot right smack dab in the middle (underneath the light, of course) that the plant is really thick. 'Zus literally shoves and forces himself between the leaves... and even sleeps there most nights.

I should really get a picture sometime soon.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote