Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-23-2011, 06:47 PM   #221 
Krys

Rin chases lazer pointers. x3
Krys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:49 AM   #222 
Belated

I wrote "Merry Christmas!" on Soda's tank today with whiteboard markers, but I had to rub it off because he would just keep poking at the words on the glass with his face non stop. xD <3

(In other news, his tail is finally starting to grow back, yay!)
Belated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:25 AM   #223 
Bombalurina

All my sorority girls were gathered in one place today (including Circe, who is half the size of the other girls) and it looked like they were all cuddling. They reminded me of my ratties. :D So cute.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:34 AM   #224 
trilobite

My favourite thing my juvies do is swarm into the corner closest to me and wriggle. It looks pretty awesome to see heaps of these little fish clustered in one corner asking for food.
They're so fun!
When I first turned on the bubbles from the sponge filter they all swam straight into them and got blown straight up and then they would look surprised and do it again...
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:33 PM   #225 
thejapanesezombie

Aldo likes to follow my finger if I wiggle it around :3 He also likes to come and greet me on the right side of the tank when I sit down on my bed (the tank is on my bedside table) he zipps so quickly to come check me out and he'll even chill on that side just to be around me. He's a sweet little fish :)
thejapanesezombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #226 
nel3

has anyone ever had to pick up fish food with a turkey baster and have the betta try to get to it when its still inside the baster? its funny to see my betta trying to get to the food. i dont do it for more that 3 seconds or 2 attempts to eat.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #227 
ManInBlack2010

i got home from work last night and found Rebel flaring all over the place. I have no idea what his problem is. Bocephus was all the way on the other side of the tank (they're in a divided 5.5g temporarily) and i don't think he could see his reflection in the glass but still he was really grumpy, it was kinda hilarious. when i walked over there he kinda looked at me, calmed down a bit, then started flaring at me... so i fed him lol - saddly couldn't get any good pics :P
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #228 
PaintingPintos

Though I only got Omlette yesterday (irony is that he's blue) I know a bit of his personality already. He loooves to float in the corner closest to me, and just hang there and watch me. But as soon as I put my hand/body/face closer to the tank toward him, he speeds off and "hides" (you can see 7/8 of his body) behind either the thermometer or the baby sprig of Anacharis. It's 2 inches tall.
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:24 PM   #229 
Crayola

I can't wait until I get a betta. People believe that fish are just fish and don't have personalities, but those who keep their mind open know that every fish is unique in their own way. Just like humans. I wonder what my first betta will be like...
Crayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:59 PM   #230 
dlite

My male betta loves to swim into his tank mates, I notice him doing it almost every morning. When the rest of the fish are still sleeping zombies, he would pick a target, slowly glide towards them, slows down to a stop and just stares at the other fish. He never bites, makes contact or attacks them, I would say he is more curious than aggressive. A real **** disturber, causing chaos every morning
dlite is offline   Reply With Quote