Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #241 
cp6445

My first betta used to sleep under this bridge I would make for him out of rocks-I was a kid and was so amazed! So with my new betta Keller I made sure to build like 8,000 rock bridges for him. LOL he NEVER sleeps there. Keller sleeps at the top of a silk tree everynight. It's so cute he literally drapes himself over this tree. Lights go out, Keller perches. Sometimes he's actually upside down. It's quite adorable.
cp6445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #242 
MandiceP

Bruce likes to sleep under a curled down leaf of his fake plant and I have actually used a pic of him doing this to sell them to customers at my store, lol! Shameless I know, but it's adorable! Shruikan likes to flare at my cats and has actually scared the kitties away by swimming towards them quickly... lol Shruikan also sleeps in the top of the flower plant that's in his tank. :D
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #243 
Zappity

After reading all the stories of bettas biting people's fingers, or cuddling with their finger, I decided I'd see what Mr. Bubbles did. I stuck my finger in his water, and he stared at it for a second, then started flaring and swimming around it in circles. Then he stopped and had a staring contest. Then cautiously came closer, and we both panicked at the same time! He was about to bite me, when I jerked out my finger, and then he panicked and shot down by his house!! lol it was hilarious xD now he's getting braver and trying to bite me everytime I put my finger in, but I keep panicking and pulling it out xD
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:27 AM   #244 
nel3

has anyone ever had betta that didnt want to eat after lights out time? 2 of my betta in the 5g just dont eat when i try to feed during their sleep hours. any hours before light out they're all over food.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #245 
RyuAndMoyashi

Cute/frightening

My Betta Ryu has some funky habits. I found out by accident something amusing. I tried the mirror trick to get him to flare, but he ignored it. One day I was talking (during which I wave my hands often) and suddenly he flared! After experimenting I found that "wiggling" my hand in a "vertical wave-like" motion made Ryu flare. Now we exercise that way sometimes... The scary, but inda cute one is his sleeping. As soon as the light goes out he hides in his stone structure and "sleeps." The scary part is he flops over and floats inside it. I swore he was dead the first few times. I would rush over and literally had to gently SHAKE him out of it.... He gave me the grumpiest look ever, moped around for a bit, and went back in it... The most amusing part of this is that when I first put that piece in the tank Ryu was scared to death of it. Never a dull moment with that fish.
RyuAndMoyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #246 
nel3

i have a betta cave and my ct often sleeps/hides. i usually have to tap the KK a few times to get his attention.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #247 
RyuAndMoyashi

Ryu & I always have an interesting moment each day. When I got him he had a plethera of bad habits (like fin shredding). I found him lurking in a cup at a PetCo & couldn't leave him there. It took awhile to get him healthy. I'm happy I took him home. I've never had a fish with so much personality before. Now he thinks he is the king of my work space (which is right near his tank).
RyuAndMoyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:47 PM   #248 
Rosso1011

I just learned that if I make a pointing motion with my finger, my betta will turn around and zip off in that direction.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #249 
FlaneryPlakat

Flanery does a wiggle dance when he sees me.. He also has this brilliant idea that his tail is out to get him. If he's turning around a plant, and sees his tail he will flare and back up, so when his tail disappears he goes everywhere and tries to look for it. He only flares at his tail, not me or other fish. Sigh...
FlaneryPlakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:42 AM   #250 
Arashi Takamine

Lulu made me a very happy B-day girl yesterday. I was sitting on the couch near his tank and he kept coming over and watching me and refused to move from that area unless I got up. I started waving my hand infront of him making it move fast...He started flaring, wiggling and blowing bubbles and it was like we were playing a game. It was too cute.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote