Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-26-2011, 11:17 PM   #41 
HatsuneMiku

mystique watches tv !!
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:20 AM   #42 
fleetfish

Just caught a glimpse of Kryptonite, my green dragon HM, resting inside a silk leaf. He kept looking at me but he was too comfortable to come and say hello. Finally he started to wiggle out and the silly fish flared at me! Man he's a grump. He was like "Oh hi, I'm too comfy . . . . OHHHH, All Right. I'll come out. But you'd better give me some food or I'll !%#%# *flare* you!" and I gave him a pellet for being a champion :D
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:12 PM   #43 
Fieldz

Haha yea. Bettas are amazing fish. They are not normal...

My betta, Oscar, just loves flaring at MANY THINGS, and me. He even watch TV sometimes! He stares at the TV as if he understood everything! Hes really funny. If I go near his aquarium he starts swimming to show off. His tank has 5.5 Gal and I give him 4-5 pellets a day, fastening once a week.
Fieldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:49 PM   #44 
Sakura8

My betta Anderson flares at my computer, his plants, me, the gravel, even his poo. It drops off and he whirls around and *flaaare*. Sorry for the graphic description, hahah.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:51 PM   #45 
spriken

Last night skittles got i a tug-o-war with his ghost shrimp over a bloodworm.
Poor blinky was took off with it and was hunted down chase went on for a wile till the worm broke.

After that skittles would follow blinky around hopping he'd find more.
:D
spriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:55 PM   #46 
Sakura8

Thank goodness Skittles didn't decide to make a meal out of Blinky!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #47 
Myates

One of my boys, No Name, has to be rescued almost on a daily basis by me. He will find a way to get stuck in/under something no matter what I do with his tank. He has 2 small plants and 2 8oz colored see-through cups that he loves in his 2 gallons. And I'm considering taking those out now as I speak. He will wedge himself into any opening he thinks he can fit into.. then realizes he can't move and flails about until I come over and move the cup or plant for him to swim off and get some air. I normally spend time with my BF in the back room in the evenings, only coming out once or twice before bed, but last night he was doing something so I came back to my pc and looked over just in time to see No Name get between a cup and the wall and get stuck. Just changed his water last night too, thought I left enough room.. grrr..
And don't get me started on the half rounded glass rocks he has in his tank. He will swim nonstop for hours and hours and hours back and forth.. then bang! Woops.. mommy help me!
I swear when I look at him I can just imagine him saying "derrr" all the time.

It's so cute when he gets in trouble, yet frustrating and he's losing scales due to his run ins. Luckily for him I have nothing in there that is sharp!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #48 
Sakura8

Wow. How high was the ammonia in No Name's cup before you bought him? 'Cause I think it must've been high enough to fry some brain cells. He's lucky to have such an attentive owner.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:36 AM   #49 
Bluebell

Yesterday I left my laptop on (the wallpapers change every 30 seconds) with calming sort of music on and left the room, when i returned i saw that my fishie bluebell has come out of his castle and his face was pasted to the glass looking at the laptop. he went straight back to his castle when i came back! but he looked so cute and curious about the music and the laptop!
also when i change ornaments in the bowl, like i put a dragon and a smurf inside once and he goes slowly towards it, touches it and then dashes straight into it thinking its alive.. awww!!! :P
Bluebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #50 
PaintedOaksOki

My betta, Oki, is sooo.. adorable! When I walk into the room, he goes crazy wiggling back and forth, till I sit down at the desk and watch him, then he swims back and forth in front of me, flaring, just to show off, but he doesn't flare at me!
PaintedOaksOki is offline   Reply With Quote