Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-09-2011, 07:01 PM   #51 
Leeniex

My Rex is so mad that there is a tank next to his, with a towel blocking his view. He just stares at that towel all day. If I look in at him, he flares.

Men!
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:37 PM   #52 
ManInBlack2010

My new girl Adalida is mystified by everything in her tank. She tried to approach the cory cats a few minutes after i put her in and they chased her away lol. She will sit there and stare and peck at the gravel or decorative stones for hours, she's so adorable. i've had her for a little over 24hrs and she's still exploring her 10g and she's even kinda been schooling with the cory cats sometimes. she'll follow them around :)
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #53 
ManInBlack2010

and i just got Rebel an dwarf frog as a tank mate and he just thinks Dixie is awesome. He's very curious about her, doesn't seem aggressive. Poor Dixie is terrified of him though :( - i'm hoping she'll figure out soon that he won't hurt her
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #54 
fleetfish

Clover always attacks his food, almost like he's trying to rip it to shreds. He'll shake his body, lunge at it, then circle and snap at it. I've seen him flare too, but his beard isn't there! He's a quirky little guy ^__^

Gertrude, my PK girl. She's always trying to get attention and love, which I give to her readily. She'll dance for me and when I open her tank I sometimes stick my fingers in and she'll weave around them like a cat. Oh and without fail Gertrude will bite my finger when she's hungry. She's my pirhana grrrl, lol!

Elwood has a crush on Electra <3333 These two are so tiny and cute ... it's mini betta love! He's building a bubblenest for her right now and she's wiggledancing at him through the glass of her tank. I mean, flirting ... no plans whatsoever to seriously breed these two ... but imagine MINI bettas!
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:55 PM   #55 
Bettacaleb

My little Toki just sits at the bottom/top of his tank and just stare at me or watch my computer when he does that it scares me cause he doesn't move his fins if he sits at the bottom of his tank he will suddenly shoot to the top and bite something like a bubble or a bit of food. Specter sits at the bottom of the tank then just zips to the top gulps some air and swims around a bit. Funny thing is Toki refuses to eat pellets he only eats flakes and Specter my other fish only eats pellets so i have to buy betta bites and bettamin its kinda silly.
Bettacaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:31 PM   #56 
titusthebetta

Nero instantly perks up when I remove his lid because he assumes I'm going to feed him. He'll swim around the top of the tank in anticipation. And when I fed him earlier today, he kept the last pellet in his mouth for a while and paraded around proudly with it. :P
titusthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:52 PM   #57 
purplemuffin

Oh, the happy for food dance is my favorite. It's adorable and pathetic. He'll be wiggling away like crazy on his fasting day every time someone gets close!

He also bites, which I think is sort of cute, hehe!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #58 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Two things...

The first.
One of the three new sisters I got from Cajunamy is the nicest out of the entire sorority... but as soon as I put my hand in the tank to catch the algae eater (for her feeding time move a decoration/hiding spot, etc) or replant a plant, she bolts after me and attacks my fingers and arm and everything. :'D Her bites, even with that tiny mouth, really hurt, too. I've never had a betta with bites that hurt as much as hers. |D

And two.
Maybe this isn't cute to a lot of other people... but my old boy Jade gets an open-mouthed 1.5g to himself... His tank's a short, fat cylinder glass thing that works since his long fins are getting to be too much work for him, but he still has a ton of room to move.... So since his tank is always open, things can fall in... or crawl in....
I came into my room one night to feed everyone their nightly meal. I got to Jade and I saw him poking at what looked to be an oddly shaped poop thing. I'm like "Jade, stop it, your poop is not a plaything." But it looked too strange to be his guano... I took a closer look at it.... And nearly had a heart attack. It was a spider. Stress on the "was", lol... All that was left of it was the body (no head) and two legs on each side.... The wolf spider apparently decided to skate across the wrong surface of water and Jade had fun picking him apart.... I'm like "That's... gross, but that's cool!"
I also said I nearly had a heart attack because I have a phobia of dead insects, which applies to arachnids, too.... I can't work well with the new rose tarantula at work now because the image of Jade picking at his meal that night still haunts me.... |D;;
Stupidly enough, I decided to get a picture of Jade's catch... because that's the funniest and most disgusting yet awkwardly cute thing he's ever done in the time I've had him.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:14 AM   #59 
Sakura8

Aren't wolf spiders kinda big, or am I thinking of something else?

I've never had a betta bite hurt. They tingle/tickle but not hurt.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:47 AM   #60 
HatsuneMiku

woah .. O_O ur betta ate a spider O_O !! .. is that even safe food for betta? .. i would be freaking out .. what if the spider bit ur betta before ur betta killed it @_@ ahhh !!
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote