Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #1 
jman828

Filter Question

I have an aquaclear 20 filter and it's a really good filter. But everytime I change water I have to pur water in for like 1 minute to remove air from the intake so it can flow. Is there an easier way to remove the air as adding water every time is a bit annoying. Thanks
jman828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:10 PM   #2 
flowerslegacy

Hi jman, I agree about the frustration with the Aquaclear!! It's a drag to have to prime it. Here's a trick I learned from a long time aquarist. When you're getting ready to plug it back in, move the adjuster to the + side - the side that allows the strongest water flow. Add your primer water and then turn it on. This will speed up your primer process and allow the water to push the air bubbles through quicker. I don't have to add primer water except the first time. I watch the adjuster and it only takes a few seconds for the final bubble to flush through the adjuster. Then you can move it back to the - minus side. Mine only takes about 1 minute for the whole process and I only have to add the initial primer when I first plug it in.
flowerslegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #3 
jman828

Yah I do the same and it works the same ^ not too bad anyway....just thought there may be another way. Thanks :)
jman828 is offline   Reply With Quote