Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2011, 02:05 PM   #41 
ForbiddenSecrets

Yeah I was planning on moving them when I could - though I'm just going to have to really judge when that is. Trust me when I say I really wish this somehow magically happened in a different tank :/
ForbiddenSecrets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:12 PM   #42 
Creat

Like I said after 3-5 weeks and they should be fine all you would do is move them with the water to the new tank :) sense the new tank will be smaller then the old one, but also moving some live plants with them helps a great bunch too. Also and if you havent got an airstone or a sponge filter I would. I use airstones because I am cheap but sponge filters are great ( I'm looking into one) also and have that going as soon as your new fry hatch in the tank after daddy is removed benefits the fry, the slight water movement helps and then you can move the filter or airstone with them when you move them to the new tank :)
Ha ha this is how I see it your fish were healthy enough to be motivated to get through a divider and spawn for you even if that wasnt the way it was supposed to go
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #43 
ForbiddenSecrets

Alright c: And I have an airstone and pump so I'll set that up in the tank after I remove daddy c: Thanks a bunch for all the help I hope I don't come off as ungrateful or not listening - I'm just trying to compile info into a streamlined idea in my head haha
Old 09-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #44 
Creat

its fine everyones got their own way of breeding so defiantly talk to other people to they might have seen something I have missed
Old 09-08-2011, 02:22 PM   #45 
ForbiddenSecrets

Well I'm def going to follow the advice I was given c: I was just saying that looking back I realize some of my posts seem like I'm ignoring some advice - rather I'm just running around my house doing a million things I had to get done today with my laptop on my counter or checking this thread from my phone while running errands and buying supplies. ^^;;
Old 09-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #46 
vaygirl

Just popping by to say good luck! I'll be lurking!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #47 
Creat

Lol its okay betta fry are more resilient then we think I always seem to forget that XD
and if you have any questions feel free to ask
Old 09-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #48 
cajunamy
Banned

Whoa whoa whoa wait UP. This is one of MY females? Holy carp! I've noticed alot of my females are barred but DANG!

I know OFL has used gravel and full tanks to spawn, so she would be good to talk to.

The babies can definitely fit through the holes ... hmm. Maybe can you get some filter sponge to plug the holes in the divider?

As for as how the eggs look, well they look like tiny round white eggs lol. I don't really know how to tell if they are fertilized or not, I'm not sure if you can tell.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #49 
Creat

I usually let the male decide if eggs are good :p I have spawned on top of sand but never gravel and yeah if OFL knows something about spawning on gravel let me know ;) I have always been afraid of gravel and thats a great idea using the filter sponge or filter floss they sell it in Petco I know I giant bag for like 4$
Old 09-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #50 
ForbiddenSecrets

@cajunamy

Yeah its one of your girls. She was dang determined to have babies my goodness. She gets rewarded with her private own 10 gallon after this. No more teen pregnancies lol.

Oh! That filter stuff is a great idea acutally :D And I'll shoot OFL a PM after work c: