Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2011, 12:43 AM   #11 
Thunderloon

OFL's post or depending on the adhesive usually either nail polish remover, rubbing alcohol or peanut butter.

But to be honest a jack-knife and scrape up a little PVC in strips under the label without pulling the label off is probably the fastest safest way. I heard you could also freeze off some, simply start the corner a little then freeze it, comes off easy as a wet band-aid.

If the label is ink-jetted onto the plastic without any paper then be sure to scrape it off.

Last edited by Thunderloon; 09-09-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:52 AM   #12 
Thunderloon

To answer the question you asked but didn't mean... in reference to the literal meaning of the title.

"is pvc connecting adhesive/cement harmful to aquariums" yes. If you ever use the liquid pvc cements to build something from pipes and fittings, let it set for at least 48 hours in a warm environment before even considering putting it into the water. The chemicals in it can be harmful to the calcium in any life in the tank, that means not only the fish but the plants and the bacteria of your cycle as well.

This post does not concern the glue stuff under labels.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:54 AM   #13 
bettafish15

Well of course the real stuff you would use to connect PVC is harmful. I wasnt asking that as you said, I should have explained better I guess.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #14 
Oldfishlady

One step further...not all PVC is fish safe either......some PVC are impregnated with chemical to prevent fungus/molds from developing......if the PVC is rated as water line to the house...it is safe.....leaving the house it may not be....but usually it will be stamped on the PVC itself....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote