Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #1 
Myates

New lil guy!

So I went to the LFS today and I was amazed how much better the bettas were! When I got Xander, all the cups were filthy brown with at least 1/2 an inch of waste on the bottom. That was about a month+ ago. Today it was amazing! They upgraded to much larger cups, about 3x bigger then the common ones. They had such a selection! Dalmations, whites, coppers, butterflies and so much more! One I saw was all white, but the tail which was black. Another was such a light metallic blue body and fin outline, the inside of the fins were mustard. Such beauties.. and another I wanted was a pink dalmation. Had a few of those. Took me forever.. but I chose the first one I saw and fell for when I walked in.

Sorry the pics are bad, but he's in his take home cup and I used a cell phone camera.. my Arby's was getting cold and he needed to get acclimated. So more pics to come when he calms down in a couple of days. Thinking up a name for him will be hard.

He's a spade tail. Top half of his body is metallic blue and the bottom half is dark red. His fins start out dark red, then blue then white. There are a couple places on his fins where the blue is very vivid and runs straight down his fins. Definatly not the best pics, and when he relaxes he will brighten up so much. <3 him already!
Attached Images

Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #2 
Myates

And I don't know why his eyes and gills look so black
Old 09-09-2011, 11:43 AM   #3 
Schimpf

He's very cute. Thanks for sharing.
Schimpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:56 PM   #4 
Myates

Thanks =) Can't wait until he gets used to his new home and brings his colors out. These pics just do him no justice =(
Old 09-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #5 
Sweeda88

Lots of Bettas have black eyes. Also, his gills are black because his "beard" is black. Hold a mirror up so he can flare at his reflection. You'll see that his beard is black, which is actually common in pale Bettas. I have two pale bodied males, and both have black beards. xD
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #6 
Myates

He actually isn't pale.. it was a mix of the flashlight and the camera. He has an electric blue upper half of body and dark red lower half all the way to his head. It's just odd how it came out like that. Going to wait til he settles down and get some actual decent pics of him. He's so stressed right now, more then any of my others have been =(