Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #1 
MadMay

Smile DIY Betta Barracks

Contemplating this idea I was looking for some reading to support that Styrofoam killed fish but have not found any if you could direct me that would be great. I was thinking of finding some aquarium kind of paint to coat it if you would be dangerous.

This is where I got the idea from I read all of the comments both negative and positive I would like to know what others think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac3SVHpuPhw

And this is a rough sketch of what I would be doing I like the idea of styro-foam not only because it is inexpensive but because it is light weight I would most likely use Acrylic sheets instead of glass.
MadMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #2 
MadMay

*Contemplating this idea I was looking for some reading to support that Styrofoam killed fish but have not found any. If you could direct me to some would be great. I was thinking of finding some aquarium/pool type of paint to coat the styro-foam it has a potential to be dangerous.*
Old 09-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #3 
MMAsac
Banned

hmmm, im not sold on that as a stable and okay aquarium. Just my $0.02, but hey what do i know!
MMAsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:48 PM   #4 
MadMay

As long as it dosnt leak and inst toxic but I cant find any proof that its toxic and it will be filtered and the styro-foam will help keep the temp up. :C I think if I just test the water lvls on a regular basis it should be fine but again Im still looking for info.

Anyone who might be interested I looked around and priced the materials Im pretty sure I can get less expensive materials but as a reference.

cooler
http://www.mrboxonline.com/95x75x103...er-p-7045.html

PvC Pipe
Lowes

Waterproof Silicon
Amazon

Acrylic
Sheet 2.90
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...3554&catid=442

For me it would cost aprx. 52.61$ with five tanks and two filter comartments with the tanks being 3.2 Gallons : D