Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2011, 11:39 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

I saw a black and white plakat the other day at my Petsmart. Why are people calling us hoarders?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:41 PM   #12 
ChelseaK

Gimme Gimme Gimme!!
ChelseaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:07 AM   #13 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I saw a black and white plakat the other day at my Petsmart. Why are people calling us hoarders?
He asked me how many I have now, I said that Swan made fourteen and he asked me if I had ever seen that show about animal hoarders and then laughed.
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaK View Post
Gimme Gimme Gimme!!
XD no way!
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #14 
Vanah

I totally joke that bettas are the animal hoarders gateway drug. But in all seriousness, for every one of us that makes sure to give proper care to our fish and proper water quality, you have to wonder how many more just have shelves and shelves of these guys kept in various tiny containers. I once had a woman ask me why all these different betta bowls were available if they really had to be in bigger containers. I simply told her, "because they sell?" and she went on to talk about how amazing a whole wall with the marina cubes would look.
Vanah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #15 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanah View Post
I totally joke that bettas are the animal hoarders gateway drug. But in all seriousness, for every one of us that makes sure to give proper care to our fish and proper water quality, you have to wonder how many more just have shelves and shelves of these guys kept in various tiny containers. I once had a woman ask me why all these different betta bowls were available if they really had to be in bigger containers. I simply told her, "because they sell?" and she went on to talk about how amazing a whole wall with the marina cubes would look.

That would look pretty neat, but instead of bettas in the cubes i would make each one a little mini planted tank with a shrimp or two... o.o How calming would that be? :3

But yeah, my friends and family always tell me i am going to have a zoo because i have rats and a dog and fish... its like, "What? cant people have more than one kind of pet without being called a hoarder or crazy?" lol! People are silly...
Old 09-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #16 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Wow! And at a Petsmart?! Great find! You're lucky. ;D
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #17 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakbirdxGyarados View Post
Wow! And at a Petsmart?! Great find! You're lucky. ;D
Most of my boys are from petsmart actually. XD
Blackbeard, Judas, Tybalt, Endymion, Skylight, Pollux, Black Swan, and Kisses are all from petsmart, Twitch, Thaddeus and Spot are from Petco, Midas and Benten are from Walmart, and Splatter is from a teeny LFS that i may or may not ever buy bettas from again. XD
Old 09-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #18 
Vanah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmothefreaky View Post
That would look pretty neat, but instead of bettas in the cubes i would make each one a little mini planted tank with a shrimp or two... o.o How calming would that be? :3

But yeah, my friends and family always tell me i am going to have a zoo because i have rats and a dog and fish... its like, "What? cant people have more than one kind of pet without being called a hoarder or crazy?" lol! People are silly...
Lol I'd be too worried about the shrimp climbing out. Crazy shrimp.

Yeah I used to get all kinds of comments like that too when I was younger, always going on about wanting this and that. But other than fish I've only got one cat and one dog.
Vanah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #19 
ChelseaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmothefreaky View Post

I know what you mean. After I started in with all my bettas, I have started migrating towards Reptiles (because I'm not allowed to have any pets with fur) and now people are calling me crazy...? I have two geckos... and they are in one tank... chill out :p
ChelseaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #20 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanah View Post
Lol I'd be too worried about the shrimp climbing out. Crazy shrimp.

Yeah I used to get all kinds of comments like that too when I was younger, always going on about wanting this and that. But other than fish I've only got one cat and one dog.
Yeah... XD
I mean, i can understand if i had like a huge farm with all kinds of animals, but i have normal pets... fish, rats and a dog. How bad is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaK View Post
I know what you mean. After I started in with all my bettas, I have started migrating towards Reptiles (because I'm not allowed to have any pets with fur) and now people are calling me crazy...? I have two geckos... and they are in one tank... chill out :p
Lol! I want to get geckos... But i dont have the room, too many fish. X3 I also want tree frogs. hee hee