Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-17-2011, 07:03 PM   #1 
Pataflafla

How Many Times Should I Feed Them?

http://s1114.photobucket.com/albums/...urrent=007.mp4

So, after Frog and Oak passed away, we bought 2 new girls from Petsmart and a boy from there as well. We aren't replacing Oak and Frog because that could never be, but the sorority is starting to fall apart a little bit with only 3 girls. Unfortunately Sycamore is starting to bully Elm and Sabino, so we're planning on introducing these girls a little sooner than expected after quarantine.

They're absolutely tiny and definitely very young with a bit of projected growth still. We're hoping that since they're so young, they'll better adapt to sorority life like Sabino did (she's filling the role of annoying little pest because she has to see what everyone is doing).

That tank will never be their permanent home. It's merely for their quarantine and hopefully a little bit of growth too. They're getting 75%+ changes daily. It all depends on how well they adjust to a different water source since they're so young.

I was wondering how much should I feed them daily for some growth. So far today they've had 2 whole pellets (1 for breakfast and 1 for lunch). I want to try and give them each a bloodworm today as well as another pellet before bedtime. they'll also probably get some krill too for higher protein.

So, for these itty bitty girlies, how much and how often should I feed them?
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #2 
Pataflafla

Blood worms are a hit with them. I think they'll get 1 every day as an added calorie intake as well as a little higher protein that the pellets. I'd like to feed krill on an every other day basis combined with pellets so they get plenty of protein to grow while still getting the balance of the pellets.

Does 4 pellets and 1 bloodworm sound like a good diet for them daily or should I feed more?
Old 09-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #3 
Indyfishy

4 pellets and 1 one bloodworm seems like plenty to me, if not a little too much. It is important that they get some protein so they start growing but remember not to overfeed them and accidentally cause any set backs from bloating or SBD. They sound really cute!!! =)
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #4 
Pataflafla

Well, I'll definitely watch them closely for any bloating issues. I'm just glad they aren't addicted to blood worms right now since they ate a pellet afterwards.