Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2011, 02:55 AM   #1 
Abby

SO ANGRY *contains much anger*

PLEASE BE ADVISED WHILE WRITING THIS I'VE HAD A FEW DRINKS AND I'M VERY ANGRY.

So i went to the LFS (not the GOOD one the other one) now last week they had about 14 dead and many with issues. last week i spent a total of about 3 hrs in there over a few visits talking to the girls that work there and know me as the crazy betta lady. and in turn they liost about 14 males to the sicks of ill keeping

So last week i got a mean look off a new staff member its the first time ive saw her and i handed her one fish that needed treatment for fin rot out of a new shipment. then i was buying a male out of the new shipment right and he had been transported over night in a small cup with a little ammount of water which was by this stage filthy, i asked her to put a drop or so of ammonia killer STRAIGHT into the cup cause i was intown a little while longer and wanted to save him that issue for the extended cupping.

she complained that if i was so concerned about the ammonia levels she would bag him. but i didnt want him to go from the cup water to tank water contaminated with finmelt and rotten bodies (they haddnt changed the water in the tank of finmelt and deceased bodies) then into my tank water its just too much stress on a lil guy. so she didnt even put the ammonia killer in there i was pretty angry by the time i left.

so Jimmy (fish i bought) is doing great. so i went intoday to have a look killing time and found a poor boy suffering fin melt. by the time i noticed he looked like he had it a few days, he was all clampy and pale. so i figured i take him over point it out to be medicated. this is how it went down:

Me: This little guy needs treating for finmelt
HER: yes *stares at me like i grew a 2nd head*
Me: You *DO* know what im talking about?
HER: YES, we look after our fish you dont have to tell us how to
Me: Well i was in here a few times last week talking to the other girls and helping them with the fish
HER: Ive spoken to them you dont need to tell us how to look after our fish

Me thinking if you ACTUALLY looked after them i wont need to point it out

i nodded and said Yep and walked out. The attitude off her lost the store a customer.

the owner had walked out before i went in i saw him so theres no need to complain to him i mean hes "suffering a people phobia" *words last week off one worker*

Im so put blunty angry.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 09-18-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:03 AM   #2 
Abby

I have bought 5 fish there:
Pippin had a massive chunk of tail missing, took 5 months to grow back
Ted, Won and willy: gave my tank fin melt causing the death of Marshal.
Jimmy: most recent is doing well but he didnt get a chance to touch their ill keeping and tank water.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:28 AM   #3 
HatsuneMiku

wow .. i'm sorry you had such tough time at that store .. that's no way to talk to a customer .. she must be out of her dam mind .. or she's on her time of month .. regardless .. that kind of attitude gets on my nerves as well

i would have gotten her fired .. if she's there with that kind of attitude .. she's probably like that to everyone .. it's just completely unacceptable .. that owner would have defiantly gotten a piece of my mind .. "people phobia or not" .. he needs to know that his employees are not acting in the best interest of his customers or business ..
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:50 AM   #4 
Pitluvs

Don't those kinda workers tick you right off? I don't stop with them at my store, they scurry when I walk in and no doubt they talk about me when I leave LOL Sorry you've had a rough time with this store.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:00 AM   #5 
dragonflie

Is this a chain store or mom and pop store?

If it's a chain store; I encourage you to contact upper management. Very little lights a fire under the butts of employees of a store more than being chastised by corporate, and knowing they are under the microscope. I am currently dealing with the same with my local Petco; and so far I think that things might really be changing at my store.

Not only will it probably help you feel at least a little bit better, but you also might truly make a difference in the care for their stock. :)

I am sorry you are dealing with this. Employees have no business taking attitude like that with their customers.
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #6 
Abby

no its a single local owned business. Hes owned it a long time but has VERY little to do with the store, he leaves running it to his staff and hides in the office next door. it really upset me. here i am with 9 months of experience and currently 21 fish HELPING SAVE THEM, thus gaining money for the store they pay 50 cents a fishor something from the breeders and whack a 8-15 price on each one. im there helping VOLUNTEERING my info and time and im spoken to like that ill go back in on monday and see whos around and see who the heck she is and what she has shoved up her .....sorry lol
Old 09-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #7 
Vaughan06

If it is a reoccurring problem, I can understand your frustration. However, you well overreacted to the new shipment. I work(worked, today was my last day) at Walmart, and I'm the only one who took care of the fish. I changed their water every day, and gave them much needed medications, especially the new ones. We received ill Bettas almost every shipment, and their illnesses do not heal overnight, as I am sure you know very well. There are 3 Bettas that I've been tending to for almost 3 weeks now. Both are healthy and recovering from finrot, and one even had half his tail missing.

Now tell me why I would deserve the treatment you gave to the employee when it isn't MY fault the fish were delivered with various illnesses.

Also, I've tested the water for ammonia multiple times, especially when I went back to work after being gone for up to 4 days. Despite their cups being dirty, there wasn't any reading for ammonia.

Frustration is understandable, but angry reactions will get you no where. He (or she) who angers you, controls you.

Requesting, politely I might add, will get you further than trying to teach people how to do their jobs.

Today I visited an Aquarium Center that I had written a letter to management about the condition of their Bettas. He wrote me back and told me to come back and give them another chance. I waited a few weeks just to see if they had really changed, and sure enough, the Betta section was spotless with crystal clear water.

I think you should try a different approach to changing the way things are done.

Last edited by Vaughan06; 09-09-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Vaughan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:24 PM   #8 
ManInBlack2010

i just cant believe how rude employees can be... i work at a dog training/boarding/supply facility and if we were rude to our employees like that we would be fired in a second. I was treated poorly by an employee at a lps - i went in to ask about advise on how to slow down my filter (before i found out about baffles) and she told me straight out "bettas don't need filters, take the filter out 'cause eventually he's going to get tired and you will have killed your fish"
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:09 AM   #9 
Abby

@ Vaughan06: i pulled that fish from the back which are the fish that didnt sell from the last shipment. he's been sitting there for the last 2 weeks
Old 09-10-2011, 02:07 PM   #10 
Bresn

The workers is just rude.
Bresn is offline   Reply With Quote