Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-16-2011, 04:34 AM   #111 
fightergirl2710

Lucky you! I've had her with him divided since last night and now she's been free for 3 hours and nothing! Breeding bars still there but she's not willing yet. :<
Did you have them in the dark or did you have a light? Sorry for all my questions, I want to learn as much as I can from others experiences. :)
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:46 AM   #112 
Ritingyou

Dont be sorry about asking questions :) I do the same all the time! I had them in the light. But I also had her in a very large pickle jar for 4 days letting them get to know eachother.. So I think that is why they didnt wait so long.. because they have been watching eachother for days lol!
Ritingyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:58 AM   #113 
fightergirl2710

Ah ok, I read that I should let her go when she's responsive, so that's what I did.. I think if he beats her up anymore I'll have to put her back in the chimney for awhile. :(
Old 09-16-2011, 05:05 AM   #114 
Ritingyou

If shes responsive then she should be fine, just make sure they are both interested. It was hard for me to watch as well.. thats why I ended up sleeping through it. That way I wouldnt be tempted to take her out to soon.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:42 AM   #115 
fightergirl2710

She's still hiding! It doesn't make sense lol! She has the stripes so she's obviously ready, so then why not just go with it? X(
Old 09-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #116 
Creat

Lol fish are weird and each pair is different. The reason I plant my tanks so thickly is so the female gets beat up less. And the female is probably trying to figure out what the male wants. As long as their still flirting (chasing wiggle dance etc.) dont worry. Men can never talk about what they want.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:11 AM   #117 
fightergirl2710

Thanks Creat but I pulled both of them out. Awesome Sauce is missing almost all her fins and I've put her in QT, she's still in shock. She's sitting in one place breathing heavily :/ I gave her a few bloodworms and I think I'll wait to introduce them again.. Should I wait a week or 2? Zuko doesn't have a scratch on him. He caused most of the damage..
I've changed the water in the spawning tank, rearranged it and added some wisteria, hopefully that's enough cover. This time was just bad luck. I feel awful about AS. She looks very shaken. :<
Can you tell me how your shock treatment works, maybe I'll try that next time...
Old 09-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #118 
Creat

You can always try Peaches if you feel up to it again sounded like she held her own and Zuko still sounds like he is in the mood. Well this is what I used for one of my males who was very particular about wanting to breed. So I would do one or two weeks of normal treatment of clean water and bloodworms etc. letting them see each other for an hr everyday. Then I would cup them for one week using those cups that they come in in chain stores no heater and no water changes. But I would still feed live or frozen food. Then with out acclimation dump them into the breeding tank at night before lights out.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #119 
Ritingyou

Sorry it didnt work out fightergirl :( I was really hoping it would, they would have made beautiful fry. But dont give up!
Old 09-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #120 
fightergirl2710

I'm totally not giving up! :D
Awesome Sauce was receptive but then she took a lot of damage.. I'm either trying your idea, Creat or I'm leaving her in that chimney for much longer next time.. Your idea is interesting, I wonder what triggers them? Would you recommend it to a beginner like me?