Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #1 
Sena Hansler

My female Madame...?

Firstly, she seemed to "choose" her male, who is now unsuitable for breeding D: But I'll try to see if I cannot get her to be interested in my other male.

Secondly, what do you think she is? The flecks of color on her goes blue or green depending on the light =D And those stripes are her normal markings o_O either that or she is naturally stressed

What combinations usually result in good fry? (like CT + PK, or VT and VT, or...) in your opinion ^^ I would LOVE to see her mettalic be passed onto fry.. especially male fry
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #2 
Ritingyou

She seems to have the same color as drake.. if you have a successful spawn with her and end up with a girl having that color can I have that fry? XD

Also a pic would be helpful to see what she is. :)
Ritingyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #3 
Sena Hansler

yeah I forgot about the pic lol got some...

yes the first two were during and after the spawn... so that is why her fins are ragged. the other two are before the spawn was even thought of :p but in a few days after the spawn she was completely healed :o
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2011, 05:59 PM   #4 
Ritingyou

Hmm.. I want to say VT but I cant garentee that I am correct. I mean I only see two rays.. which I believe is a VT but I only started learning how to tell the tail types of females a couple days ago. So safer to wait for an expert... she looks a lot like the girls I have that drake is going gaga over lol And one of them has stripes just like that!

Although I am not sure if it is stress or not either.. because shes had it 24/7 since the day I got her and that was umm.. 2? 3? weeks ago?
Old 09-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #5 
Sena Hansler

Yeah haha. Although I found her personal stress sign.. she goes an ugly brownish grey! :o
Old 09-11-2011, 10:17 PM   #6 
Ritingyou

Hmm.. I wonder if that is the same thing for mine... Oh well.. im not willing to stress her out and find out. :) But I will keep an eye out for that from now on.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:30 PM   #7 
Sena Hansler

Yeah I notice a lot of darkly colored bettas, male or female seem to change their color if stressed... I have no idea about lightly colored ones.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:41 AM   #8 
Ritingyou

I have one with a white body (with some random coloring of spots of red and blue but very tiny) and she gets red stripes.. but I only notice them on one side of her body. But its her way of telling me shes packed with eggs. I figured that out when I saw her dropping eggs and eating them right in the middle of introducing her to my male.. go figures lol

I would assume other light colored females are kinda the same.. right?
Old 09-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #9 
Creat

She looks like a VT to me but doesnt mean she isnt carrying other genes that could pass onto fry. And depending on how far you want to go with the spawn or if you are planning on breeding for a long time you can always work at spawning her to a HM and seeing what kinds of tails you get then taking that F1 spawn and inbreeding or breeding out to another HM eventually getting delta's and or HM's or you could breed her to VT and get VT's... breeding is a very personal thing.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #10 
trilobite

She looks pk to me since her anal is parallel and short. Do you know how old she is? She could just be a young VT.
The only way to find out is to breed her :)
if you breed her to a longfined fish then
100% long finned in first generation, if shes pk then you can expect some pk back in the second generation.
Then youll know for sure
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote