Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #11 
Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulBeauty View Post
how about if i use a 10 gallon tank, could i let them near eachother ? and after they spawn i could put the female in the tank my betta is currently in right now, and ill put the male in this other small tank i have, and the fry could be in the 10 gal tank?
No betta should be in the tank he's in now. It's not even 1 gallon.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #12 
1fish2fish

I suggest you start by reading the stickys at the top of this forum. I would also start by providing adequate housing for the male you already have before getting any other fish.

Breeding is a HUGE under taking. It should not be taken lightly.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:22 PM   #13 
SinfulBeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
No betta should be in the tank he's in now. It's not even 1 gallon.

Even though the tank is small, my betta builds bubble nests all the time and is pretty hyper . I don't think its that bad
SinfulBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #14 
alysalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulBeauty View Post
Even though the tank is small, my betta builds bubble nests all the time and is pretty hyper . I don't think its that bad

Even though a abonadoned starved dog may wag it's tail at you when you approach it doesnt make the way he is treated right
alysalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #15 
Creat

Okay I dont wana get into the middle of this argument thing but I want to point out I keep many of my males in 1 gal containers and with proper care they live just fine. I dont know what the care of their fish is but all I am saying is quality care can be achieved in a 1 gal
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #16 
alysalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
Okay I dont wana get into the middle of this argument thing but I want to point out I keep many of my males in 1 gal containers and with proper care they live just fine. I dont know what the care of their fish is but all I am saying is quality care can be achieved in a 1 gal

Ya true, but thats daily 100% water changes, and keeping the water the right temp and so on

I'll be keeping 3 in 1 and 2 and a half gallons, With 100% daily water changes. But thats only temp for them until i can buy the stuff to make dividers to put them in tanks that have a filter, and are 10 + gallons

If they are doing daily water changes and so on in the 1 gal fine, but if their not and only doing 50% or 100% a week, then its better to have it in a bigger tank
alysalouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #17 
PiscisAmor

you should really have a lot of experience with fish before you try breeding bettas. If you reeeeally wanna breed I would suggest breeding guppies first, as they are easier to breed and care for and will teach you about the process
PiscisAmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:06 PM   #18 
Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
The OP was talking about a .5 gallon. IMO, if a fish is "hyper," that doesn't mean it's doing find. That means they would love more space!

My new girl hardly sleeps, exploring her 5 gallon all day long so much that I wish I had set up a 10g for her, and still might.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:13 AM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

Breeding guppies and breeding bettas are two totally different things.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:21 AM   #20 
1fish2fish

Yeah.. Guppies will pretty much breed anywhere, anytime, bettas are much more fickle. Not to mention guppies are live bearers and splendens are egg layers so how the fry are raised is totally different. Apples and Oranges really.
Posted via Mobile Device
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote