Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #11 
Yaoilover12397

Yea he does look like that.

The water is clean, it has an amazing filter system and i do two 25-50% water changes twice a month. As well as I have the corys, two moss balls and two bamboo shrimp. So they help keep it pretty clean.

I will most lilely move them when I set up the new tanks when my basemeant is done.
Yaoilover12397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:40 PM   #12 
hedgehog

Okay he's probably a C aeneus which is why he school's with the albino. It just makes it easier to figure out who goes in what tanks when later dividing them. Also just because you get two fish of the same species does't mean you won't be able to tell them apart. They may have darker or lighter colors, slight variations in patterns, and the males are smaller than the females.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #13 
Yaoilover12397

Good to know :D I know my lps carries False Jullis all the time and they have my other guy rhys type now...not ure if they will later though...I can get the peppered and the Aeneus at my persmart and probably at my petco.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:22 AM   #14 
Sakura8

Your first guy is definitely a panda cory. I have two of them and two Venezuelan Sailfin cories. I had more pandas but several passed away before I learned about stirring sand substrate. The two Sailfins are just variations of Bronze cories and I'll be getting more of both when I finally get a 20g.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:26 AM   #15 
hedgehog

Sakura the sailfins are actually a different species than Bronze cories. That doesn't mean they can't be kept with C. aeneus they just both need their own little schools of the same species.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:10 PM   #16 
Sakura8

Really? I read online they were a variation. And of course, we all know what we read online is oh so accurate. Thanks for pointing that out, Hedgehog. And yes, I'm definitely getting them their own school when I get the 20g. I love their orange color.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #17 
tf1265

Cories are my favorite too, hedgehog!

Is the panda larger than 2.5-3 inches? If so, it is not a panda. It may be an adult while the rest are juveniles.

LittleBittyFish is correct with the identifications, and hedgehog is correct about the numbers. They are shoaling fish. They shoal with other species out of despertion. In my experience, your pandas have the hardest time without others of their own species. I would get at least 1 more cory NOW to add, or else it will die. You noted that it's already mostly staying on its own - this is not a good sign.

Another important note about cories (hopefully you won't need this information too often, but in case you do...): they are scaleless and do not tolerate medications or salt very well. Salt should be almost completely avoided, and medications given at half dose.

No one told me that when I got my first cories, and it nearly ended in disaster the first time my tank had an ich outbreak.
tf1265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #18 
Yaoilover12397

He's not a Panda. He's somehing starting with an M/ He couldn't remember but he knew it wasn't a panda. I can't doa nything until 3 months from now I'm afraid but 4 months at the longest is that okay? It's started hanging with the peppered and the false julli.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:13 PM   #19 
tf1265

Just watch it carefully. If he's started hanging out with the others that's better than not. Pandas are tough though - the other species you've got are pretty easygoing, but Pandas seem to be extra sensitive. Mine died without warning, I just came home one day and it was dead. I've not gotten more since, I'm too scared. I love the peppered, they are easily my favorite (although my false juliis are creeping up there - so cute!). If it's not a panda though then I'm afraid I don't know much about him.
tf1265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #20 
Yaoilover12397

I don't think its a panda, infact the guy at the store told me it wasn't Its something with an M.