Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #1 
inkrealm

stringy /brown/ waste?

I know stringy waste is a sign of parasites, but generally it's white. does anyone know what this may be? I did not feed him worms. :/ I read that healthy waste should be brown and round. is this true or can it change sometimes even if the food didn't? thanks. <3

tank contents: he's in a hospital tank, so there's seriously nothing in their I could see him getting parasites off of... I change the water half, every day or every other, and sometimes twice a day lately to heat up the temp.. I've been trying to wash everything thoroughly with hot water before using or adding it.... should I be worried? :/

edit: it's also skinnier than when he eats bloodworms. it looks REALLY stringy :/
inkrealm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #2 
Pataflafla

Could you get a picture of it? I know it sounds gross but it will probably help out in identifying.

Have you fasted or fed less recently? It could just be him not having quite as much to poop out.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #3 
inkrealm

hm... I did fast him and cut back on food recently due to someone WAY overfeeding him for a couple days without my awareness.
I cut down to only two a day, then none for one day,and when he seemed to be doing well again only back to three rather than four.you think that's a possibility?...
okay, I'll feed him regular tonight and see what he does. I was cleaning the tank when I saw it so I'm afraid I don't have it now, but if it occurs I will get a picture. thanks for the reply. <3
Old 09-14-2011, 09:47 PM   #4 
inkrealm

update:
the waste occurred again, but not as stringy as the last time, and the next day it was pretty much back to normal. I'm still watching him closely. his fins are looking good and his color's better. he has some white fuzz on either side of his head a little above the gill... but I'm hoping that's all it is. again watching him closely... hoping for the best. >^<
Old 09-15-2011, 12:40 AM   #5 
Pataflafla

Wath the white fuzz very carefully. If it's not gone soon start him on 1 tsp/gal aq salt to make sure it's not an infection of any sort.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote