Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2011, 09:10 PM   #1 
fishcurl

Opinions on new crowntail's fin care appreciated

On my roadtrip today I kinda accidentally came home with a tiny little crowntail named Pudding. He's quite small, maybe an inch without fins.

His fins are needing help but I can't decide whether it's fin biting, ammonia damage, or something else.

Currently he's in a 3 gallon heated tank. The water has been dosed with API Stresscoat and 1 tsp AQ salt per gallon. I plan on giving him 100% daily water changes with the same additives for 10 days as would be usual for treating fin rot.

Anything else I should be doing? Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

fishcurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #2 
Sakura8

You're getting this healing fins thing down pat, fishcurl. I can't give you any advice. You already know what to do. I'm sure he'll be as good as new in no time in your capable hands. He looks a little stunned right now, like he can't believe his good fortune.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #3 
fishcurl

Thanks, Sakura! I'm still so new at all this that I'm terrified that I'll miss something or do something wrong. Your confidence in me is very assuring :D

He is a little shell-shocked after the awful capture at the store and then the 45 minute ride home in my purse. Hopefully the warm water and the dark (towel over the tank) will perk him up soon.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:40 PM   #4 
Sakura8

You're doing great. Haha, only a true betta fanatic like you could find a betta on a road trip. XD I'm really glad he's found a home with you.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:51 PM   #5 
fishcurl

You're making me blush *^_^*

And me...a fanatic? Maybe just a little. I had to beg my husband to let me get Pudding. I was standing there texting him like mad in the fish aisle (he was outside in the car with my daughter who'd fallen asleep).

After assuring him that Pudding needed help, he said yes. But then told me that maybe I shouldn't go into a pet store for a bit. Because every time I do I wind up "fishing" for more bettas, lol XD
Old 09-11-2011, 12:33 AM   #6 
Sakura8

Yup, my dad has to come into the store and drag me away from the fish. He'll be sitting in the car and see me spending too much time by the bettas. ^_^