Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2011, 08:04 AM   #1 
londongirl

Betta vs Filter

Like i said in a previous post i switched my bettas round n put my 2girls in the tank my male was in n vice versa any way the filter in chimchars new home is smaller then previous tank n he became courious of the filter to the point where he got his fins sucked in the pump, how long would it take for them to grow back out, he was only stuck for about 15mins max while i was downstairs doing baby bottles, i'll try and attact picture later as i cant find my camera atm.
londongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:39 AM   #2 
SnowySurface

I noticed my filter would suck in my betta's fins, so I blocked the intake with filter foam. I used the Aquaclear brand foam, but any foam will do. I have some foam in the intake to prevent my fish from being sucked in and at the outlet so the current isn't too strong. I noticed sooner because the new filter was the first thing Luigi wanted to investigate. Since Luigi couldn't last in the take for a full minute before getting himself stuck in the filter, I stuffed the inlet and outlet with foam right away. It only grabbed the tip of his tail, so he was able to swim away without damage. I haven't seen him get sucked in since I added the foam, so it does work if you are worried about chimchar getting sucked up again. :)

I'm not sure how long it will take his fins to grow back. It depends on the fish and how much fin was lost. I hope it grows back soon.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote