Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #1 
Tropicana

Herman (named after my grandpa who died).

I couldn't get a picture of him so I hope you don't mind that I took a video on my iPhone instead. It's actually a tour of my room and a introduction to Herman.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxYtGCRZcqQ
Tropicana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:44 PM   #2 
Leeniex

He's a nice looking little guy. :) Great tank too.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #3 
Tropicana

Thank you. I'm seriously suprised that he's healthy after seeing what kind of environment he was living in. What kind of sick person would quit feeding and cleaning out an animal just because he/she doesn't want it anymore? Ugh, that person made me angry.

My Biography teacher is obsessed with fish too and he has an unoccupied 5-10 gallon aquarium (I'm not sure what the true size is, but it's in that range) in the classroom. I'm not sure if he knows that the only fish he can really put inside a 5-10 gallon aquarium is a betta. Maybe I can get him one.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #4 
Leeniex

You can certainly nudge him in the right direction....by showing up one day with a betta, lol.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:25 PM   #5 
Tropicana

I'd have to point him in the direction that leads him to this site as well. I want him to do a little more research before I treat him to a dose of betta fun. He'd probably explode if I came into his classroom with a betta in hand. I'm the newest transfer to this school so I'd be on his good list.

I'm already on his good list right now because all of the assignments we're doing in his class are ones I've done in my old school so I already know what to do. That's one last student he has to help out.

Last edited by Tropicana; 09-11-2011 at 10:27 PM. Reason: I had to add more information.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #6 
Littlebittyfish

Awe, I love the story on how you got your betta..That was really sweet of you to take him in. He is a beautiful betta and a lucky guy with 10 gallons all to his own.
Also,cute kitty. I am jealous of your large room!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #7 
Tropicana

The room I had in our last house was supposed to be a small office so you can imagine just how cramped it was in there. My bed was just a springy twin mattress and my dresser was so big compared to the room that I had to put it in the closet. My dad then got promoted to a better job and we saved up for this house (our dream house).

It was built in 1921 and I have the original windows from that year that are still on a rope pulley system. I have a double door walk in closet too! I was so excited when I got to pick out my room first and when I got to pick out my entire bedroom set including the mattress. When I got my desk in here I felt like something was missing and I soon figured out that Herman was that something.

All of the cats in our house were bred in our house by accident. In fact, it all started with a pregnant cat that my brother and his friend rescued from the intense heat. She was stuck in a briar bush. We put up signs and got her checked for a microchip, but nobody came to claim her. We eventually named her Hope and after she had her kittens we gave her to a farmer who lived next door to us (he needed barn cats). We found homes for all but two of those kittens from Hope, but the male somehow got to the female before we could neuter him and he got his sister pregnant. It went on from there. The only cat that Oreo (tuxedo in the video) isn't related to is Bootsie (another female tuxedo who's neutered). Our family rescued her from a fire.

Last edited by Tropicana; 09-11-2011 at 10:46 PM. Reason: I had to add more information.