Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-05-2011, 08:55 AM   #1 
missm83

so my boy will not eat bloodworms..is that normal?

i try to switch up his food so he dosnt eat same things everytime...so i have the betta pelets witch he loooves, i have 2 types of flakes..then the freezdried shrimp...and now i got him bloodworms..but he will not eat them...my little ghost shrimp does ... i seen him fight my betta over a pelet that sunk it was so funny!
so anyone else got a betta that dosnt like bloodworms, or is romeo just a strange ,picky eater?
missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:18 AM   #2 
Echo

i have two betta that hate pellets, but love bloodworms. i have three bettas that love love LURVE the pellets and could care less if they got bloodworms. are you trying the freeze dried ones or the frozen/thawed ones?
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:20 AM   #3 
missm83

i have freeze dried ones
missm83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #4 
Echo

try the frozen kind.. they come in cubes, so i carve off a chunk and let it defrost in a little cup of tank water (i've got five, so i keep it in the fridge for a day or two, then toss any leftovers. keep the unused cubes frozen.). i use a pair of tweezers to hold 'em, they usually sink otherwise. just remember, if you use fresh bloodworms, WASH YOUR HANDS afterwards. i've made the mistake of forgetting and rubbing my eye later.. whoa nelly.. not as bad as pink-eye, but itchy-red-puffy-gooey mess.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #5 
tpocicat

Mine love pellets and black worms. I haven't given them blood worms. Guess mine aren't picky!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #6 
Echo

Zen will eat anything. so far Kido's not picky. Roxie's good with bloodworms and pellets. King Louie is my special case.. he has to be fed differently, his mouth is sort of scarred from ammonia burns. i have to keep him from surfacing to eat or he swallows air and gets the burps. Simon's my real diva.. if it's not a thawed bloodworm (not a freeze-dried one, oh no.. heaven forbid!) he will NOT eat it. garlic-soaked pellet? what do you think he is, a common guppie? nope! has to be a nice, fat, juicy bloodworm. i swear he pulls his tail-nipping stunts on purpose
Old 10-05-2011, 03:46 PM   #7 
Monroe

I ma in the same dilemma as you. I just recently bought him some BW. My red veil betta TLO loves him some pellets. But if I drop the BW in, he doesn't not even glace at them. I've tried breaking them into pellet form, still nothing. Though, I do have a delta outside in another tank that just devour it, so I assume some fish just like different things. I mean I love me some burgers, but I don't eat it all the time. soooo I guess this applies to.

I just want my betta to know I lurve it
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #8 
Myates

Mine won't even touch bloodworms. I tried again this morning, cutting in small pieces thinking they may try them that way but nope.. just circled it. One will eat flakes, no one else will. It is a little frustrating when you want to give them a variety they need.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #9 
Rjb5584

Whitey Bulger friggin loves his bloodworms, provided they are not pre-soaked. Under no conditions will Spreckers even consider eating BW. No, I have to feed him 1-4 small pellets, one at a time, or he won't bother. If the pellets are too big, he'll bite, spit it out, check again to make sure it isn't some cruel joke, then spit it out, let it sink to the bottom, and stare me down with this look like, "you are so lucky you are not another fish in my tank right now..."

Funny, but a little scary too...
Rjb5584 is offline   Reply With Quote