Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #1 
MaggieLynn

He really did this?!

So one of my crown tail males Zeke shares a divided 5 gal with another crown tail male, well Zeke isnt doing to hot i dont know whats wrong but i come home from my bfs house and check on him. And his swimming around instead of laying on the bottom thats good, but wait what is that in there with him, thats not a cat fish..... its Zepher his neighbor >.< and the thing is no one was injured. Zepher would flare if Zeke came to the front but over all they acted like females in a sorority. I did get a video before shooing Zepher back over the divider and put Zeke in a QT.
MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:30 PM   #2 
MaggieLynn

http://youtu.be/LKnL_PNy46w
Old 09-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #3 
ManInBlack2010

wow you are very lucky! i've heard horrible stories about males jumping dividers and there being serious injuries, even death. Glad your boys are ok!!

also, in the video it looked like you had i'm guessing a 10g with no filter, how often do you do water changes? (just moved my boys into a 10g and i'm having problems with the filter so i'm considering going filterless)
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #4 
MaggieLynn

Its actually a 5 gallon and there is a filter, i just didnt have it in because that day i took out the live plants because they were causing this horrible algae. I change the water about 75% every week. the filter is a 1-3 gallon tetra whisper filter, i ahve 2 10 gallons though one is divided 3 ways the other is a sorority and the sorority has a 5 gallon filter in it from an aqueon bow front tank and and the other one has again a 1-3 gallon filter, it still circulates the water alil bit. as far as ten gallon water changes i do at minimum 80% a week and if i can fit another 50% in i try.

I was shocked when i saw pretty much no damage to Zeke! there is just a small chunk out of his tail and that is it.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #5 
Tropicana

I would've been so scared if I came home to that. At least they didn't fight and cause a lot of damage to each other. I may be new to the betta world, but I've heard those horror stories.
Tropicana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #6 
BettaGirl290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropicana View Post
I would've been so scared if I came home to that. At least they didn't fight and cause a lot of damage to each other. I may be new to the betta world, but I've heard those horror stories.
i don't like horror movies D:
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:39 PM   #7 
MaggieLynn

I was scared at first my heart was beating so hard but then i realized nothing was really wrong and took a video >.< then i pulled the divider away from the tank wall and shooed zepher back to his side, i made the divider, but he got over cuz of the water level compared to divider height so i lowered the water level
Old 09-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #8 
BettaMiah

That happens to me too! It has happened multiple times. Yuuki, my Halfmoon is too sweet and docile to attack, but my other Crowntail has shredded his tail. But no one has been seriously hurt. And every time I fund Yuuki on Ryu's side he just comes up to say hello.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote