Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2011, 09:16 PM   #11 
Pataflafla

That's our hospital tank. It's a convenient size for daily water changes and dosing medications as well as weight gain since they don't have too much room to swim around (I realize this sounds kinda bad, but I'd rather have them gain a bit of fat before muscle so they have some stores to draw from).
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #12 
BettaMiah

That makes sense. I had to hold my older Betta in there for a week, due to an ammonia spike in my Goldfish's tank, so I had to hold the new fish in his tank. He barely swam. Now he is a ball of energy!!!
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:45 AM   #13 
Pataflafla

Frog finally managed to drop that parasite poop yesterday and I removed it immediately, but she has another one going today. She's still eating 4 times a day to compensate for her weight loss and the parasites, but I don't know if the jungle is working or not. I redose her every day with her water changes as well as rinse the tank and plant in hot water.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #14 
Indyfishy

Have you tried the Jungle Anti-Parasite pellets??? You have to soak them in garlic to get the fish to eat them, but maybe those combined with the medications would help get rid of these bugs.
Indyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #15 
Pataflafla

She won't eat them even with garlic. If it looks like a pellet she refuses it. She didn't ant to eat her krill this morning either and she's looking bloated now too.

I am going to make another batch of the jungle since it's been mixed for 3 days now just to make sure it's fresh and still usable.

Is there any way that I can make the medicated pellets into a paste or something to soak the krill in? She might eat the krill soaked in it, but I'm not sure since she didn't want to eat this morning. She's due for her second meal in just a few minutes so I'll see if she wants to eat then.

These are from this morning at 7 am:
Name:  006 (13).jpg
Views: 22
Size:  39.2 KB
Name:  004 (13).jpg
Views: 22
Size:  22.8 KB
Old 09-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #16 
Indyfishy

Oh my goodness, she's so skinny, poor girl!!! You could try crushing up the parasite pellets and sort of mixing them in with the krill, that might work!!
Old 09-14-2011, 01:34 PM   #17 
Pataflafla

I'll give it a shot. If she doesn't eat, then she doesn't eat it. I really hope she does. This is definitely the skinniest I've ever seen her, and we got her emaciated from Petsmart a few months ago. She just can't gain weight.

After this is done and over with, she is never going back in the sorority. She's already shown us it's too much for her.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #18 
Pataflafla

She caught on to me. she still won't eat unfortunately. I'm giving her until noon to try to eat what I put in before changing her water and redosing on Jungle.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:04 PM   #19 
Indyfishy

Poor girl, I had really hoped that would wor =( have you PM'd oldfishlady or darkmoon17 yet?? they might have some better ideas that i might not be able to come up with.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #20 
Pataflafla

I pm'd darkmoon17 but they aren't online or haven't answered yet. I'm hoping the new mixture of Jungle will help out more than the last batch.