Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-12-2011, 07:43 AM   #1 
Myates

Hate destroying bubble nests

Not too long ago Xander made his first bubble nest. Took him over a month, but he did it and I was so happy for him! But had to do a water change and since then he's only done minimal amount of bubbles along the edges. Poor guy, he probably thinks it's pointless now hehe.
This morning my new guy I got Friday apparently made a bubble nest sometime since dinner last night and breakfast this morning. It's so big and full, suprisingly for such a little guy! But I feel bad since I will be doing a water change in the next day or so and yet again, will break another bubble nest.
*sigh*
I get so happy they make them because they are happy and content, and then there I go, messing up all their hard work. =(
Anyone else ever feel bad about messing up their bubbles?
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:10 AM   #2 
MMAsac
Banned

yes, ofcourse.....But the worst is when they build a big bubble nest, for the the female so they can spawn and she goes and destroys the sucker.
MMAsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #3 
Luimeril

once. i did a bad thing.

Zidane's my orange CT. he's an amazing bubble nester, and always builds the biggest nests. one time, i stuck an IAL in his tank, just to do it, and he nested under and around it. it was so big, and i was so happy, that i didn't change his water for a week, just because he was so proud of it. .___o thankfully, he's in a larger tank(2 gallons), so it wasn't THAT bad..
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #4 
MinibotLove

I'm dreading doing the water change on Ratchet's new bowl - he built his first bubble nest in months and I dread having to ruin it. He looks so proud of it every time I see him, swimming up and wiggling around. Maybe I can just change the water around the nest without destroying any bubbles... =/

Semi-blind Jazz looks like he's trying to build a nest but he just has little clusters of bubbles all over the surface of his water, like he can't remember where he was going to build it.
MinibotLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #5 
Luimeril

my blind boy, Theo, built a few nests. i was so proud of him! <3 sadly, i had to ruin it, because he used his feeding ring as a base... :< i got photos of it. <3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #6 
Bresn

My blue fish build bubble nest a lot and I just have to do a water change..
Bresn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:41 PM   #7 
elegantlyunsophisticated

My newest CT built a nest less than a week after coming home and I had to destroy it for a water change D: my boy Buckminster builds beastly ones though, an INCH thick covering HALF the surface of his 4.5gal, I love that fish.
elegantlyunsophisticated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #8 
ManInBlack2010

i feel horrible whenever i have to destroy bubble nests, i'm pretty happy right now though 'cause i just did a water change yesterday and both of my guys are building nests as i type this so they get to enjoy them for a while before i have to destroy them :)

(uber excited 'cause this is the first time my new guy Hank has built a nest since i got him)
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #9 
pinksnowme

I hate destroying the bubble nest :(
I always talk to Blizzard and let him know when I'm going to clean the tank. Then I feed him an extra blood worm and say go for it dude make me another pretty bubble nest.
One time I took Blizzard to the bathroom in a tiny carrying critter keeper. I wanted to show him my big watering hole (the bathtub) He was really impressed with the BUBBLES Oh wow you should have seen the little guy get the big eyes O.O when I put a pile of bubbles next to his cup. It was so cute!
pinksnowme is offline   Reply With Quote