Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-30-2013, 07:36 AM   #1 
karerm0

please answr me fast

Yesterday i bought ny first vetta fish and in the night i gave her one flake and in afternoon i gave her another one it was fine and i was playing with her with a rope until now

I was playing with her with my finger from outside the small tank( because my big tank was broken ) so when i put it move fast and hit the sides then she back to normal

My small sister come also and touch only the tank she go fast and hit her head few times and go up i think it was died but now it moves normaly

So what happen please and should i put my hands or no please help me . The bowl is quite bigger than the picture and i think that betta fish is young because it is small

Last edited by karerm0; 11-30-2013 at 07:55 AM.
karerm0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #2 
hopeful fish

First, I would get another big tank. I would recommend a five gallon, but a 2.5 would do. Also, to make sure he stays happy, get him a heater and a filter. He also needs hiding places, so he can feel safe and hide when he is scared.

Do you know what the nitrogen cycle is? This is crucial to understand when keeping fish, even if you choose not to cycle your tank.

I am confused as to what happened with your little sister--Did your sister tap the tank and the fish hit his head?
hopeful fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #3 
Hallyx
Reference Team

Your fish is in a new, strange place and he is scared. Keep his tank dark and leave him alone for a few days so he can get used to his new home.

If he will eat them, feed him 4 flakes twice every day. Then let him be.

Read this:
http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/b...h-care-232570/
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #4 
karerm0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful fish View Post
First, I would get another big tank. I would recommend a five gallon, but a 2.5 would do. Also, to make sure he stays happy, get him a heater and a filter. He also needs hiding places, so he can feel safe and hide when he is scared.

Do you know what the nitrogen cycle is? This is crucial to understand when keeping fish, even if you choose not to cycle your tank.

I am confused as to what happened with your little sister--Did your sister tap the tank and the fish hit his head?
No she just touch it .. i want to ask question one mosquito was on the tank then the fish see it and it move fast to get her like would jump so i capture this mosquito .... i Feed the fish from 4 and half hour with one flake . so can i give the live mosquito to the fish?

Last edited by karerm0; 11-30-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:06 AM   #5 
karerm0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallyx View Post
Your fish is in a new, strange place and he is scared. Keep his tank dark and leave him alone for a few days so he can get used to his new home.

If he will eat them, feed him 4 flakes twice every day. Then let him be.

Read this:
http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/b...h-care-232570/
In the flake tin they write (( feed at least one or three times daily as much as your fish will consume whithin 3 minutes)) so i know that you are professional tell me your advice .. this is my first fish. i like to make my fish happy in one month i will buy a big tank for her . And i will try to bulid some caves for her and put it in the tank
Old 11-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #6 
LittleBlueFishlets

A Betta's stomach is about the size of its eye.

If you allow her to eat for 3 minutes, she will eat too much. As Hallyx suggested, you can give her a few flakes twice per day. This will be plenty of food.

Yes, you can let her eat the mosquito. Mosquitoes and mosquito larvae are the natural diet of Bettas. So this will provide good protein for her.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #7 
Crowntails

I would upgrade your tank. It's way to small for your betta.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #8 
karerm0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishlets View Post
A Betta's stomach is about the size of its eye.

If you allow her to eat for 3 minutes, she will eat too much. As Hallyx suggested, you can give her a few flakes twice per day. This will be plenty of food.

Yes, you can let her eat the mosquito. Mosquitoes and mosquito larvae are the natural diet of Bettas. So this will provide good protein for her.
when i put the mosquito in the betta tank i think that he mosquito might contacted to any pesticides so that may hurt the betta . is this correct ?
i want to care my fish and i doesnt want anything to hurt it

Last edited by karerm0; 11-30-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #9 
Hallyx
Reference Team

If you think the mosquito has pesticide, do not feed it. But mostly it's OK.

When you feed flakes, look and see when the Betta stomach grows a little. That is enough food for the day.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote